Rewards expiration once on the card

artemis908

EPCOTnaut
I have some rewards that are about to expire from my visa in December. I think that means that I should probably get them transferred over to a rewards card soon. Does anyone know when they expire once on the rewards card? I wasn't sure if it was a year from the date you put them on the card?

It'll be the end of the year after the year you request the card. So, December 31, 2013.

I am nervous about expiration as well. I have almost 500 points and want to make sure I take advantage of them but I have no idea when I will need them. I have read online that you can purchase Disney Gift cards (no expiration, no fee for non-usage) with a Disney Rewards card so what I am doing now is experimenting. I ordered a Rewards card with 25 points and am going to try to purchase a gift card with it. If that works then I will take the big plunge and put all of my reward points on a gift card. This way I make sure not to lose any of my precious points to expiration.

I am nervous about expiration as well. I have almost 500 points and want to make sure I take advantage of them but I have no idea when I will need them. I have read online that you can purchase Disney Gift cards (no expiration, no fee for non-usage) with a Disney Rewards card so what I am doing now is experimenting. I ordered a Rewards card with 25 points and am going to try to purchase a gift card with it. If that works then I will take the big plunge and put all of my reward points on a gift card. This way I make sure not to lose any of my precious points to expiration.

Where do you buy the gift card? Is it at the Disney store?

I have a reward card that has $650 on it but I want to give my sister $450 of that money for her cruise. I would like to go to the Disney store and ask for a gift card (can they do any amount I say?) for the 450? Then I can keep the additional $200 on the reward card for me and give my sister the Gift card.

Anyone think this will work? Thanks!

You can definitely do that at the Disney Store. Just use your rewards card to purchase a gift card for $450.00. Shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry if it felt like I was leaving you hanging, my Avast will not let me access the site saying it is malicious, just now thought to use the iPad.

I am buying my gift card online. I received my reward card today so I went ahead and ordered my gift card. The reward card was one of the payment options and shipping was free. Seems extremely painless, once the card comes I will go ahead and load up my rewards in order to purchase more gift cards. Seems like a win!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter