Reviews from 2/3/-2/9 Trip!

k2kten

Earning My Ears
Hey there! I just returned home from my first trip to Disney World since I was a kid and my husband's very first trip! I'm a big foodie but try to eat fairly healthy (gluten free, clean) at home. I put all of that on hold while at Disney and feel like I've gained 10 pounds but I'll refrain from checking the scale for a month :) Lots of food was consumed this trip and here's my quick review of what we ate:

-On arrival night we ate dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe. I had the turkey pot pie and was not disappointed. My husband got the burger with lobster on top and he enjoyed it. We split the dessert trio and it was AMAZING. I'd eat here again just for desserts.

-Sunday morning, per reviews on the disboards, we split a cinnamon roll from Gaston's Tavern (and ordered extra icing). SO SO GOOD!

-Lunch was at Be Our Guest. I got a turkey sandwich on gluten free bread (i wanted to consume at least one gluten free item while at Disney to make myself feel better...but really, there was no point in doing this). I loved the sandwich and split it with my mom. I was still full from the cinnamon roll so I let my mom eat all of the fries. While I didn't think the restaurant was anything amazing, i was happy with my sandwich and would probably eat here again. I chose lunch over dinner because the dinner menu didn't seem that great.

-For a snack, I grabbed a Mickey cake pop (chocolate) and devoured it.

-Sunday night dinner was at Ohana. We grabbed a drink from Trader Sams outdoor area while we waited for our reservation. We lucked out and got a spot right by the window for our 7 PM reservation and were able to watch Happily Ever After while eating. Since I don't eat beef or shrimp, i feel like this dinner was "just okay." I mainly ate salad and chicken wings so I would probably wait a few more trips before returning. My husband really enjoyed this meal, though. And I did enjoy the bread pudding. I was able to request a separate bread pudding without ice cream since i can't eat it.

-Monday lunch was at Yak and Yeti Cafe. I got the honey chicken and wasn't that impressed. It was just sort of, bland. and the rice just seemed...off. I'd still love to eat at Yak and Yeti table service, though.

-We stopped at Nomad Lounge for drinks and were able to take some to go which was awesome! And i got an Elephant Ear.

-Dinner Monday was my absolute favorite meal of the trip at what is now my favorite restaurant - Sanaa. I'm not much of an adventurous eater but was dying to try the bread service everybody raves about. It was SOOOOO GOOD! I'm now obsessed! Originally, I had told my husband that we should split an entree with our bread service but i'm selfish and enjoy food too much so I didn't want to share a meal :) I got the butter chicken with aloo masala and if i'd had a spoon, i would have drank the butter chicken sauce. it was THAT good. my husband got the the meat plate and was too full from bread service to finish his meal (i never seem to have that problem). we LOVED Sanaa so much that i ended up booking a lunch there as well!

-Tuesday morning we had Boma buffet and honestly, I could go and eat JUST the french toast bread pudding. I'll be dreaming about that until our next trip. We also fell in love with POG juice.

-Tuesday dinner (I was still pretty full from Boma), we stopped at Katsura Grill. I got the chicken teriyaki and enjoyed my meal (especially the rice) a lot more than what i'd had at Yak and Yeti. My husband got the sushi plate and unfortunately, he ended up getting sick later that night.

-We ended up getting a funnel cake in America at Epcot and it tasted just the way a funnel cake should. I was content. We also got School Bread to snack on later. It was good and I'm glad I tried it but I would probably try something else next time.

-Wednesday we did the Wild Africa Trek in the morning and enjoyed the lunch that was included in the trek.

-Wednesday dinner was the Wanyama Safari that included dinner at Jiko. it was AMAZING. When we go back, i'll be booking a dinner at this restaurant. I loved that the chef was able to accommodate me not eating beef/pork.

-Thursday lunch was back to Sanaa where i got the exact same meal that i had Monday night (I still did not share my food with my husband). My mom came along and also got her own order of the butter chicken and aloo masala and i may have eaten what she couldn't finish...like i said, i eat pretty healthy at home but on vacation, i have no self-control and like to enjoy my food! My husband got the Mishkaki and enjoyed everything except the greens. Now that i'm home, i've already looked up the Sanaa butter chicken recipe so that I can attempt to make it myself until i can make it back to Sanaa.

-Our Thursday snack was the carrot cake cookie from Sweet Spells. I split this with my husband because there's no way i could have eaten that whole thing after a giant meal at Sanaa. I'll be enjoying this cookie again in the future.

-Thursday night we did the Star Wars Dessert Party and believe it or not, i didn't eat too much. I have a dairy sensitivity so i try to avoid it (obviously i went for it with the carrot cake cookie but was willing to face the consequences). Icing is something that upsets my stomach so i mainly ate the naan and dips and avoided the cupcakes (i did taste a few, though). And a few beverages.

-Friday was our last day and after snacking on popcorn and coated pecans at Animal Kingdom, we had lunch at the Mara. I got the chicken BLT minus the bacon and it was HUGE and good. In the future, i'd split this with my husband, who enjoyed a burger.

My advice for anyone with an upcoming trip to Disney is to EAT AT SANAA :)

And with that being said, i'll now dream about all of the food i'll consume on my next trip to the dis!

Last edited:
Sounds like you ate lots of good food! We'll be eating at Boma for breakfast in May for the first time (we've eaten there for dinner in the past) and I'm really looking forward to trying the French toast pudding!

Sounds like you ate lots of good food! We'll be eating at Boma for breakfast in May for the first time (we've eaten there for dinner in the past) and I'm really looking forward to trying the French toast pudding!

You will LOVE it :)

Thanks for sharing your dining adventures. Our daughter is GF so it’s always good to hear about gluten free options

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts