Reviews-Earl, Flying Fish, Flame Tree, Jiko, Plaza, LTT

TammyC

DIS Veteran
I've enjoyed reading details from other reviews, and hope mine well help someone else with their decisions.

Monday (Nov 15) lunch at Earl of Sandwich. DS and I split the Hawaiian BBQ Ham, a fruit salad and chips. The sandwich was good (and large) with ham in BBQ sauce, Swiss cheese and thin pineapple slices on a baguette. This is a difficult place to visit if you have small kids and only 1 adult, due to the way you order, then go to another place to pay, then another to pick up your food.

Dinner at Flying Fish. Had a PS and was seated right away. YUM! DH and I both got the potato wrapped snapper and thought it was great. It was served only with the potato wrap and leek fondue - I would have like another side such as a green vegetable. But that left room for the banana napoleon which was also delicious. DS had grilled cheese and fries. DH also had the drink special which was a pineapple upside down cake martini and it tasted just like its name. We will definitely return.

Tuesday lunch at Flame Tree. DH had chicken breast sandwich and I had pulled pork. His chicken was a bit dry but flavor was good. I thought the pork was good but I added a lot of BBQ sauce. Both came with corn on the cob and baked beans. The corn was a bit soggy, and we did not like the beans at all. Usually I like any and all baked beans, but these were like a bowl of molasses with a few bits of beans floating around. The onion rings were thick and tasty. Next time we'll go back to Tuskers.

Dinner at Jiko - made a last minute PS and got right in. DH had the filet and mac & cheese, and said it was very good. I had the monkfish, which was served with many not so common vegetables and sweet potato crunchy strips. I enjoyed all except the edamame. DS had grilled chicken and mashed potatoes, which were a bit spicy for him. Dessert was pistachio creme brulee which we all enjoyed.

Wednesday lunch at Plaza. Made a PS that morning for 11:15 and were one of two families dining. By the time we left it was half full. We had cheesesteak, grilled cheese and the chicken pear salad. All were very good, but our waitress seemed distracted.

Dinner at Liberty Tree tavern. The food was good homestyle food, and we saw each character at least twice. The bread and salad were great. Turkey was good, pork was flavorful but a bit dry and none of us tried the flank steak. Apple cobbler for dessert was good, but way too much food!

Happy eating to all!

Thanks for all your reviews! I think we have eaten at all the same places you mentioned except for Earl and Flame Tree. We were considering Flame Tree as something new to try. We have eaten at Tusker numerous times and were thinking about a change. Not sure I like the sound of the molasses beans...
We are trying LTT for dinner in February. It's been a long time since we had dinner there.

Thanks for the post! My husband and I are trying Jiko's for the first time this Christmas, we can't wait to try some of the different food offered there.

Thanks for the reviews!:D

Here is a bit of trivia for you.. the pistachio creme brulee at Jiko is sous chef Anthony's personal creation.

I think the monkfish turned out to be the best fish dish I have ever eaten - definatly have to get back there again

sounds like you had some good meals - thanks for posting

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait to try Earl's!

Thanks for the reviews. We are looking forward to trying Earl of Sandwich in a few weeks.

Glad you liked Jiko's , it is one of our favorite places to eat at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter