Review: Santa Barbara zoo

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
We always try to get to a zoo whenever we travel, it is one of the places you can soak up some local culture, and be outdoors. usually they are aslo a good value, and a non-profit too.

The zoo was easily located from the 101 north, just by following the exit signs, and road signs.Plenty of parking and an efficient ticket selling system. The zoo was very well done with good exhibits, and all of the expected "big" animals except for some reason bears and chimps.The park itself is also a botanical garden very lushly landscaped, although with an emphasis on native plants and succulents/cacti.

Make sure to have lunch at the "wave" their restaurant that borders a fabulous grass play area with sweeping views down to the ocean. They had great tacos and quasidillas.

I must have been not in a picture taking mood, which is unfortunate because it was very scenic.

here is one of my DD feeding a pig at the petting zoo (approved food cost $1)

IMG_0833.JPG

and here we are eating strawberry bars (our WDW addiction) in front of the elephant enclosure

IMG_0836.JPG

I rate it 3 stars, well worth your time if you enjoy zoos and are charmed by local ones.

Nice, Judy. I never thought of going to the zoo at Santa Barbara, but it looks like a nice way to spend the day.

I grew up in SB. On weekends and during the summer
I did a little "train robbery" show there. It's a great Zoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter