Rethinking a purchase at Hilton Head now.....

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Uggghh, my husband mentioned yesterday about returning to Disney during the December, before Christmas time frame. We have been once during then, and I know that if we wanted to go back during that time, we won't be getting in with a Hilton Head contract. So now I am thinking about a 50 point contract at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and then trying to get into Hilton Head in the month of May? Advice, info, opinions?

If it's a one time thing, just transfer in some points to get home resort advantage.
Well I'm not sure whether he/we will want to go during that time frame more frequent in the future, possible I suppose, but what is the transfer in some points for home resort advantage?

if you already have an account (say hilton head), then you can pay another member to give you their points. You won't be able to see them in your online account, but they'll be there. In order to use them, you'll have to call member services -- which can be somewhat of a pain.

Instead of "renting" points (owner of points books the reservation for you and the owner maintains control of the reservation), you as the buyer get possession of the points, which allows YOU to book the reservation and do whatever you want with the points (they CAN be banked -- but cannot be borrowed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter