Reserving online vs by phone

Madame

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I haven't been to DLP since 1996 when it was EuroDisney & am planning a July-Aug trip for my family of 5 for next year.

I'm a bit confused about making a package reservation & would like to get things sorted soon - we're limited on hotel choice & as far as I can tell all the family rooms at the Santé Fe are booked already for our dates!

Just need to check I understand the basics.

If I book online the full amount is due?

If I need to cancel I need to call and will lose 10% but be refunded the rest?

If I call I can put 15% down (the rest payable by 70 days out) & lose that deposit if I cancel?

I'm in Canada & am unsure which # to call. I speak French fluently, but am not sure which # I should use.

TIA!

I can answer some of your questions..

You are correct that if you reserve online you have to pay in full.

I did reserve over the phone so I could pay a deposit - it was 15%. I reserved in Dec 2016 and my full payment for our Sept trip isn't due until late August. On my confirmation it states that payment in full must be received no later than 30 days prior to your arrival date. (I'm currently watching the exchange rate to determine the best day to pay this off).

I also remember being told that I would not receive any reminders from Disney about the due date. I was told I would lose my deposit if the reservation was canceled for non-payment. They didn't say anything about only losing 10%, but I didn't think to ask so maybe someone else can confirm this.

I'm in the U.S. so I called DisneyWorld's phone number, said "Disneyland Paris" when the automated assistant asked what I needed and I was transferred right now. From Canada, it may be cheaper for you to call DW in the U.S. than directly calling Paris. But you'll have to check into that.

You're given the option to select either French or English when you call so you can choose either option.

It depends how you book but generally if you call Disney you pay a deposit and then 2 months before the arrival date, your card is automatically debited. But I always check on the phone as to what will happen in case they change their processes. Interestingly if you have a French address you pay no deposit and the balance 1 month before arrival.

It depends how you book but generally if you call Disney you pay a deposit and then 2 months before the arrival date, your card is automatically debited. But I always check on the phone as to what will happen in case they change their processes. Interestingly if you have a French address you pay no deposit and the balance 1 month before arrival.
I can answer some of your questions..

You are correct that if you reserve online you have to pay in full.

I did reserve over the phone so I could pay a deposit - it was 15%. I reserved in Dec 2016 and my full payment for our Sept trip isn't due until late August. On my confirmation it states that payment in full must be received no later than 30 days prior to your arrival date. (I'm currently watching the exchange rate to determine the best day to pay this off).

I also remember being told that I would not receive any reminders from Disney about the due date. I was told I would lose my deposit if the reservation was canceled for non-payment. They didn't say anything about only losing 10%, but I didn't think to ask so maybe someone else can confirm this.

I'm in the U.S. so I called DisneyWorld's phone number, said "Disneyland Paris" when the automated assistant asked what I needed and I was transferred right now. From Canada, it may be cheaper for you to call DW in the U.S. than directly calling Paris. But you'll have to check into that.

You're given the option to select either French or English when you call so you can choose either option.
Thank-you! The 10% came from a travel site, but the thread was several years old. It's much more difficult to find relevant & up-to-date DLP info than DL or WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter