Resale....start to finish

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
I've been such a pest to the lovely TimeShare Store personnel during our purchase of a BCV resale. The whole process in now complete with first reservations made and I wanted to send a HUGE THANK YOU for the help and patience I received from all the staff at TSS. Some facts for those who are also in the resale process...
From first phone call to secure property to first reservation...almost 8 weeks
Closing date to being in the system..........4 days, able to make reserv. day 5
Ability to book home resort at 10 mos out......................................YES!!!!
Thanks for coming on this ride with me. See you at the Margarita Stand in Mexico....... :wave2:

Congrats! We too are looking to purchase at BCV but havent found the right contract yet. :confused3 I envy you. Enjoy your first trip home. pixiedust:
Tina

Congrats!

I just sent my deposit to the TSS on a BCV contract last week so it's nice to know what the time frame is.

Thanks and have a great trip.

Here was our timeline...

01/25 - Contract sent to Disney
02/14 - Passed ROFR!
03/13 - Closing docs returned with funds
03/24 - Closed (deed faxed to Disney)
04/05 - Names were in Disney system
04/06 - Points allocated
04/07 - Received Welcome Package in mail

Put it this way...I spoke to Jason, Pat, Jerry, Kristie (twice) and Leslie (twice). I wouldn't have been such a haunt, but Tom Yeary kept reinforcing that they're there to "take you through each step of the process." I'm thinking he might want to rethink that. They were all very nice. :blush:

I am still in the "investigation" phase... and I feel I stalk them and their website... I am glad to know it's "normal" ;)

r2ngels: I would give them a call if I were you and tell them what you want....once you figure it out. They will have you on a list and call you right away and let you have first crack at it.

Here is our timeline:

2/15 Submitted for ROFR
2/28 Passed ROFR
4/5 Check due to Closing company
4/7 Faxed to Disney
4/10 Spoke to Disney, part way through System
4/14 Complete, booked our first trip "home"!

So, just about 2 months

I must be getting close too....

Sent the closing check on April-1st, but haven't heard anything.

I'm going to email the TSS rep to find out where we're at.

Isn't the waiting unbearable. But on the upside, we too bought at BCV and I was able to book last week for September.

We were in the system today, so fhte 14th, not the 13th, but we are booked for Christmas!!

hwystr said:
I must be getting close too....

Sent the closing check on April-1st, but haven't heard anything.

I'm going to email the TSS rep to find out where we're at.

I would call Member Services myself then...I did and we are already booked. Just tell them that you want to see if you are in the system, etc. They will tell you exactly where you are in the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter