Resale plus Direct Add On Question

BCantEven

Earning My Ears
My mother is considering purchasing a larger resale (possibly at AKV or Aulani) and listing me as an associate since I'm usually the planner of our family's vacations. We are then considering purchasing a small direct add-on with both of us listed as owners so that we can all get membership extras (she lives in Hawaii, my family of 4 lives on the East Coast).
Question 1 - Does anyone know if there is a waitlist for add-on contracts at AKV?
Question 2 - Do you foresee any problems with me being listed as an associate on one contract and owner on the other? (Am I still able to combine all points to plan trips? Am I able to bank and borrow as necessary? Disney's site specifically states that associate members are "only authorized to make reservations using the Disney Vacation Club Member's Home Resort Vacation Points". Does this mean that if we want to use the points at a different resort that I would not be able to plan that?)

Thanks for any help!

My mother is considering purchasing a larger resale (possibly at AKV or Aulani) and listing me as an associate since I'm usually the planner of our family's vacations. We are then considering purchasing a small direct add-on with both of us listed as owners so that we can all get membership extras (she lives in Hawaii, my family of 4 lives on the East Coast).
Question 1 - Does anyone know if there is a waitlist for add-on contracts at AKV?
Question 2 - Do you foresee any problems with me being listed as an associate on one contract and owner on the other? (Am I still able to combine all points to plan trips? Am I able to bank and borrow as necessary? Disney's site specifically states that associate members are "only authorized to make reservations using the Disney Vacation Club Member's Home Resort Vacation Points". Does this mean that if we want to use the points at a different resort that I would not be able to plan that?)

Thanks for any help!
The only issue I see here is that the add on will not be able to be completed unless it meets the criteria as a stand alone contract. You'd either have to have them titled the same way (i.e. your name on both) or she'd have to buy it then change the title, which might be the best option. Once the title is different, they cannot be used directly together without transferring points. I'm not sure how many points you're looking at but if it's enough to do 2 full sized contracts one might consider buying say 100-150 with your name then adding the 25 then buying a separate resale contract, possibly at a different resort, in her name only assuming she's trying to limit the financial risk of a family partnership. Or you could do a 50 pt add on at a resort where they'll sell 50 retail to a new member.

The add-on won't be an add-on, it will be a new contract and a new separate membership with a separate log in.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!