Resale = No DVC Perks?

Supposedly not but I think someone had posted they were able to.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can. Tables in Wonderland is one of those "perks" that actually makes Disney money because it gets you to dine more. They are very likely to let you "sneak under the table" to purchase it as it benefits them for you to have it.

Though some may be tempted to bemoan the inequity of small direct add-on purchases being eligible for "perks", I'd point out that a major perk for direct purchasers is the ability to sell their interest at reasonable prices if the need arises. And of course there would be no resale market without the original direct purchaser deciding to sell. It turns out to be a good thing for everyone that DVC has such an active resale market.

As far as pool hopping goes, I've never given two hoots about the shape of the container my pool water comes in, so pool hopping would never be a consideration. Pool bar hopping, on the other hand, might be a great perk!

And some may flame me for saying it, but as someone that bought all contracts from Disney, with our original purchase being over 2 decades ago, it doesn't seem equitable for someone to buy as little as 25 points direct and get the discounts, access to member events like the Moonlight Magic events, etc.

Since you haven't added on any direct points in 20 years, you're the one reaping the greatest reward of DVD's continuing to pay for direct member benefits. The profit from your direct purchase has been spent, and you haven't bought again, so you aren't worth anything to them. How would you like it if DVD announced that only those people who bought contracts direct in the last 2 years were eligible for the direct sale perks? You'd consider yourself treated like a second class citizen, much the same as you want to treat people who have only a 25 point direct contract and a resale contract with many more points.

Just noticed this on the Members' Website:

Membership Extras Eligibility
Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements. For more information, visit
Important Membership Documents.

So resale purchasers will need to buy at least 75 points directly from Disney if they want the Membership Extras (most perks).

Just noticed this on the Members' Website:

Membership Extras Eligibility
Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements. For more information, visit
Important Membership Documents.

So resale purchasers will need to buy at least 75 points directly from Disney if they want the Membership Extras (most perks).
You should almost start a thread on this. Kinda major

You'd consider yourself treated like a second class citizen, much the same as you want to treat people who have only a 25 point direct contract and a resale contract with many more points.

I must respectfully disagree here. Check out any other TS company out there as to their restrictions for resale owners. DVC was just really, really slow getting to this point. Other TS companies pretty much allow only usage within that same company for utilization, or exchange through whatever TS exchange affiliation they use (II or RCI). The same arguments were given over and over when DVC made the resale restrictions a couple of years back. Buying resale anything does not have the same benefits as buying "brand new" for just about anything one might purchase.

I DO understand people's frustration, but the fact that DVC is again grandfathering folks in, and giving a couple of weeks warning, is something positive. And if anyone reads this forum or other TS forums, the rumblings and rumors about this have been going for some time.

You should almost start a thread on this. Kinda major
Ah! So the guide was telling me the truth. I had asked this question after my tour and then again on here when he told me that you no longer could buy only 25 extra points and the min was now 75 because Disney "caught on" to this loophole.
I still think I'd rather buy resale at a significant savings and forget about the extras.

Ah! So the guide was telling me the truth. I had asked this question after my tour and then again on here when he told me that you no longer could buy only 25 extra points and the min was now 75 because Disney "caught on" to this loophole.
I still think I'd rather buy resale at a significant savings and forget about the extras.

I think Disney is completely happy with that decision of yours. People still buying resale keeps that market high enough to justify direct sales prices, and they only need 1/3 of people to buy direct to make the move worth it for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter