Resale buyers... are your membership cards white or blue?

w1kk3d

Earning My Ears
Was under the impression that resale buyers get white ID cards while direct purchasers get blue (or resale buyers who purchased prior to 2011). Currently I own at BLT, 50 points direct and 150 points resale. I also just closed on 150 points at BWV resale. Expected to receive white ID cards and was sent blue ones! Furthermore, my BWV membership card shows that DW and are have been members since 2011 which we haven’t been.

Not complaining, just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same?

If you own a 50 point direct contract, then you are a direct purchaser for purposes of the 2016 restrictions:

Blue card.

Right, you simply need to have one "qualifying" contract, either direct or pre-4/4/2016 resale, and you get a blue card.

I was told that the incorrect date on resale "members since" was the date that the contract was originally sold.

:earsboy: Bill

I was told that the incorrect date on resale "members since" was the date that the contract was originally sold.

:earsboy: Bill

It's a weird one. Before they issued the new cards we had what I assumed to be the original purchasers "members since" date. When they redid the new one's it was changed and the date on the cards is different from what shows online - and online are dates that are after dates that we purchased. Disney databases are not the best.

I figure the guy who wrote the code for the website simply pulled the wrong date field.

We bought 25 points direct at AK in August and got a blue card, it says 2017 on it.

We had resale only and our white card had the correct date on it.
Then I bought a 25 point direct add on and the blue card has 2007 on.
What seems to be happening is they have the correct date pulling through if you are white only.
But if you get a blue, it is pulling the date from when your resale contract was first registered.

I figure the guy who wrote the code for the website simply pulled the wrong date field.

+1 this is what it is. Although if you look at the bloatware (code) that is the DVC site, you'll realize that every other section is developed by a completely different person, often probably not even in the same office or even country. This is what causes a lot of the issues we have.

Whomever developed the module that generates the blue card image is likely totally detached from the rest of the site, as the code syntax, while obfuscated, is clearly different.

So I logged into our account today and our membership card changed from white to blue and gave me the option to order a card. No idea why we closed on resale two months ago. We have been talking to a guide about buying some points direct but have not done so.

So I logged into our account today and our membership card changed from white to blue and gave me the option to order a card. No idea why we closed on resale two months ago. We have been talking to a guide about buying some points direct but have not done so.
Get it ordered quick, you seem to have got lucky.

Get it ordered quick, you seem to have got lucky.

I printed it and ordered. Doubt I’ll ever see them but I have the printed blue copy that expires end of Feb. we have a trip end of Jan. Went back later and it was back to white.

I printed it and ordered. Doubt I’ll ever see them but I have the printed blue copy that expires end of Feb. we have a trip end of Jan. Went back later and it was back to white.
Ah you may get lucky. I know someone else this exact thing happened to, and they were delivered.

Maybe I’m missing something, but what does the blue card actually do for you? I’ve heard they still look up your contract when trying to book member events/but discounted APs, etc. I’m especially curious because I’m a resale owner who was sent a blue card ;)

Maybe I’m missing something, but what does the blue card actually do for you? I’ve heard they still look up your contract when trying to book member events/but discounted APs, etc. I’m especially curious because I’m a resale owner who was sent a blue card ;)

id imagine you'd be able to get discounts at restaurants and shops because they just look at the card.

id imagine you'd be able to get discounts at restaurants and shops because they just look at the card.

You might be able to get into the Epcot lounge as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!