Requesting Dining Servers?

geoly1

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are going on our 5th Disney cruise on the Fantasy. We are thrilled but was wondering if this has been an issue with other Forum members... our first & 2nd cruise we had amazing servers.. the last two not so much. It really makes the cruise that much more fun to have a fun server & asst. server. The last two were only engaged on the last night of the 7 night cruise . We always tip very well. Is there a way to recommend a "fun" serving team? Thank you!!

Last edited:
Mods might want to move this to the general part of the forums instead of the trip reports.

Yes, you can certainly request a specific server just by calling DCL and having them note it on your reservation. Keep in mind, that serving teams do get mixed up so if you liked a particular duo, they may no longer be together. It's best just to request one person that you want - just give DCL their name and country of origin, and they should be able to figure out who it is. If you can't remember and kept your paperwork from the cruise, you can look up their full names on the part of the tip slips you got to keep.

If you are going to request a server, it's likely best to make that your only request. If you also request a specific dining rotation or something else, DCL may not know what is most important to you and may not grant any of your requests. By limiting your requests to one, they have much more flexibility to try to make it work for you

You won't find out if your server request was granted until your first night at dinner, unless you go to the area marked dining changes after you board to inquire. If your request wasn't granted, you can ask again there if it's possible, but sometimes crew members that you may have had and enjoyed in the past may have been promoted, on leave or no longer working on the ship.

Hope this helps!

Aby

Most of the time I request a specific head server. By requesting a head server, they know I am wanting them to take care of us again. It is tracked when you request a asst server, server, or head server. I haven't had bad luck with service team if I asked for a specific head server.

We requested same server we had on 2016 Norwegian cruise for our 2017 Northern Europe cruise this past June. He got married and left before our cruise but we did get the same assistant server and he's terrific. I requested him again when I made reservation on the Magic to return to Northern Europe in 8/2018.

How long is a server likely to work on the same boat? We absolutely loved our server but unfortunately our last Disney Cruise was 4 years ago. My kids still talk about him-it would be great to see him again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter