Renting points through a broker? What's up with that??

I don't like renting. There, I said it. But it's part and parcel of the system that I bought into so I deal with it. Life's too short to spend it kvetching about something I can't change, DVC is well aware of these sites and they choose to do nothing about them so if they don't care why should I?

If friends and family ask me about renting in the future I'll grimace in pain and then point them to Dave's website. (Or send an email to a certain frog we know.)

While many people are becoming Internet savvy, I do think you're oversimplifying things a tad. Just because one can handle doing a Google search doesn't mean they want to go to all of the trouble of arranging a point rental. Since DVC rentals are 99.9% based upon trust between two parties, anyone who doesn't have 500 DIS message board posts is already at a disadvantage. Going thru a third-party who can certainly provide multiple referencess from satisfied customers is a big plus. From the standpoint of the non-member, you're also working with a professional who has gone the rental route many times rather than someone learning as they go.

Regarding the rest of your post, I suspect you are making a number of incorrect assumptions regarding specifics of the process. I didn't discuss this with Daddio in any detail, but after reading the site I had a very different impression than you did. I'll just leave him with his trade secrets... :)

please everyone has to stop with the difficulty and confusion of the internet. Theres is not a person I know who could not handle it themselves or at the very least doesnt have a close relative that could.

I am making 1 and only 1 assumption and that is the 3rd party can not make a reservation for a rentee using someone elses points.

Now if you are telling me that is happening somehow, then now I have a HUGE problem with this

the trust issue for the non member I can agree with

This is a personal, actually emotional, distinction

It is a personal opinion. It is not however an emotional one. I have no emotional attachment to this site, the other site or anyone involved in this discussion. I have emotional attachment to my family.

I completely understand the DIS as a business, I do however in my own personal opinion, do not think the Rent/Trade board contributes a large amount of business traffic compared to other areas of the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter