Renting from Shore Beach Services, before you arrive or when you arrive?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have rented umbrellas and chairs with the Shore Beach Services at Hilton Head, did you do it ahead of time before you got there, or did you just do it when you arrived at the beach?

We were there last month and called shore beach services as soon as they opened on our first day. We requested the number of chairs and umbrellas and the number of days, and by the time we got to the beach about 90 minutes later they were set up with our names on them.

There were also several sets up and waiting with "available for rent" signs on them", if you would prefer to wait until you arrive.

For us, we were a group of 5 and wanted chairs set up all together, and the advantage of booking in advance by phone was not needing to have my credit card with me, as they took all the card info by phone. When my college age kids wanted boogie boards later in the week, we just asked them to bill to the already established account, no need for cash or credit card.

We were there last month and called shore beach services as soon as they opened on our first day. We requested the number of chairs and umbrellas and the number of days, and by the time we got to the beach about 90 minutes later they were set up with our names on them.

There were also several sets up and waiting with "available for rent" signs on them", if you would prefer to wait until you arrive.

For us, we were a group of 5 and wanted chairs set up all together, and the advantage of booking in advance by phone was not needing to have my credit card with me, as they took all the card info by phone. When my college age kids wanted boogie boards later in the week, we just asked them to bill to the already established account, no need for cash or credit card.
Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, did you rent enough umbrellas and chairs for each person? It will be a party of 4 with us, two adults, two kids and I am still not sure if I really need to rent two "sets" of umbrellas and chairs or just one set.

My 4 kids are all college age and above, so we rented 2 sets plus an extra chair. There was not really enough room on one chair for 2 adults, but 2 kids may be able to share if they will spend most of their time in the water anyway.
If you opt to start with one set, you can add extra chairs if you need them.
When we arrived the first morning, the lifeguard in the area came by to get signatures and let us know where to find her is we needed anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter