Renting DVC points?

What about a (dvc point)reservation made?. Im more than likely will not be able to go this year and borrowed point from 2019. Can you rent out it out. TIA
You're probably better off cancelling it and renting the points. If you can be flexible (like I must rent a minimum of x (the borrowed points) but could add up to y (the current points)) you'll probably find a match quickly.

You can, but there are restrictions on when you can list a confirmed reservation for rent. You should read the rules on the Rent/Trade board to learn how and when you can list it.

To clarify, the restrictions are Dis Board restrictions, not DVC restrictions. You can use somewhere other than the Dis Boards to rent the confirmed reservation.

I rent out our points regularly as we don't go as much now that the kids are grown and gone.
I have always had good luck with the Disboards Rent/Trade board. If you don't post enough you have to pay to list your listing.
I have regular renters who use me year after year -- works great for me and them!

Right now renting points on your own via the Disboards -- the going rate for rental price is $15/point -- unless you have a highly sought after reservation or resort/room type.

I use a rental agreement which I feel protects me and the renter both. You can google DVC Rental Agreement and find one -- if not and your interested private message me and I will send you the one I use.

I have never used David's so I don't have any experience in that.

Hi. Can you tell me how to find the dis rent/trade board? I am a newbie to dvc and forum. Just bought in last October. Thanks!

Hi. Can you tell me how to find the dis rent/trade board? I am a newbie to dvc and forum. Just bought in last October. Thanks!
Shelley -
Look under the Forums.
Disney Vacation Club Forums /
DVC-Rent/Trade
Check out https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...his-board-please-read-before-posting.2647748/ for more information.
There are some requirements that are detailed in the post above namely:
  • Anyone submitting a new thread must have had their DIS username for at least 6 months, and must have a minimum of 50 non-Rent/Trade board posts (that contribute to discussions on the DIS forums) evenly spread over the last 6 months as verified by the DIS search engine.
  • For those who have not been able to actively participate by posting on the DIS over the past 6 months, we have another option allowing purchase of the ability to have a thread post on the DVC Rent/Trade Board. Details may be found at DVC RENT/TRADE FORUM MEMBERSHIP PLANS .
Hope this helps.
Di

I have used David's several times and always go back when I want to rent out my points. Their customer service is fantastic. They answer emails, questions, phone calls, etc... quickly. I have never had ANY type of issue with them. In fact, once the renter canceled at the last minute and I was worried as I borrowed some points to fill the request. David's told me not to worry - they would get the points rented. They did! No issues!! And, did I mention how incredibly easy it was? SO easy

Shelley -
Look under the Forums.
Disney Vacation Club Forums /
DVC-Rent/Trade
Check out https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...his-board-please-read-before-posting.2647748/ for more information.
There are some requirements that are detailed in the post above namely:

• Anyone submitting a new thread must have had their DIS username for at least 6 months, and must have a minimum of 50 non-Rent/Trade board posts (that contribute to discussions on the DIS forums) evenly spread over the last 6 months as verified by the DIS search engine.
    • For those who have not been able to actively participate by posting on the DIS over the past 6 months, we have another option allowing purchase of the ability to have a thread post on the DVC Rent/Trade Board. Details may be found at DVC RENT/TRADE FORUM MEMBERSHIP PLANS .
Hope this helps.
Di
Thanks so much!

We used David's vacation rentals twice now, no problem at all. They are a pleasure to work with. We have also used the dining plan through them with no problems. Looking forward to booking our next trip through David's .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!