Renting DVC points?

scorpsfan

Mouseketeer
Not sure if I'm in the right place, but where is a good and trustworthy place to rent DVC points? Can you rent them through here?

If you login you will see the rent/trade threads at the bottom of the DVC section.

:earsboy: Bill

I often sell my points on the thread called "DVC-Rent/Trade"
Look for someone with references to help you trust the renter.
Have a Magical Day

We rented once before we decided to buy DVC and David's was an easy transaction, no issues.

I also loved my experience using David's and have reccomended them to family and friends.

It's whatever you feel most comfortable with. You can save some money with the private owner (and there's more flexibility). Owners may be more willing to work with you if you need changes, or if something were to happen and you need to back out. I've never heard of a private owner skipping out yet but that's the risk.

The brokers (Davids, among others) provide some insurance (money back) should something happen to the booking (your reservations falling through).... they are stricter and require full payment upfront, and are less willing to work with you on changes. The insurance on your monies paid is nice although I can't imagine getting to the resort and not having a room, even if you get refunded your deposit. That's the worst case scenario.

Last edited:
First time at renting out some extra points with David's. Filled out the info form and had them (Poly points) rented literally within 5 minutes. Money deposited in Paypal account that same day. I would highly recommend them to anybody wanting to rent out their points.

Now that I read your post again I cannot tell if you want to rent somebody's points or rent your points to somebody.

I guess either way think about David's.

We recently rented our points out through David's and had a fantastic experience. Our points were rented out within 2 hours of submitting them to Davids.

First time at renting out some extra points with David's. Filled out the info form and had them (Poly points) rented literally within 5 minutes. Money deposited in Paypal account that same day. I would highly recommend them to anybody wanting to rent out their points.

Now that I read your post again I cannot tell if you want to rent somebody's points or rent your points to somebody.

I guess either way think about David's.

We recently rented our points out through David's and had a fantastic experience. Our points were rented out within 2 hours of submitting them to Davids.

WOW! 2 hours; 5 minutes! I assume both of your points are at a highly sought after resort. I am renting mine through Davids (I own at AKV) and no offers yet. Though it's only been 10 days :)

Renting points is probably more affected by time of year than where the points are. Everyone has already booked their Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations and are only thinking of their February vacations right now. Most people (except Disney obsessed people) don't plan 11 months out.
Points rentals will probably pick up after Christmas after everyone has paid off their credit card bills.

Renting points is probably more affected by time of year than where the points are. Everyone has already booked their Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations and are only thinking of their February vacations right now. Most people (except Disney obsessed people) don't plan 11 months out.
Points rentals will probably pick up after Christmas after everyone has paid off their credit card bills.

And President's week is pretty booked up already.

I rent out our points regularly as we don't go as much now that the kids are grown and gone.
I have always had good luck with the Disboards Rent/Trade board. If you don't post enough you have to pay to list your listing.
I have regular renters who use me year after year -- works great for me and them!

Right now renting points on your own via the Disboards -- the going rate for rental price is $15/point -- unless you have a highly sought after reservation or resort/room type.

I use a rental agreement which I feel protects me and the renter both. You can google DVC Rental Agreement and find one -- if not and your interested private message me and I will send you the one I use.

I have never used David's so I don't have any experience in that.

I tried to reply to one of the threads on the DVC trade boards. But it said I did not have permission to do this. What do I need to do?

I tried to reply to one of the threads on the DVC trade boards. But it said I did not have permission to do this. What do I need to do?

Have a minimum of 10 total messages, essentially to establish that you are not a bot. You are 40% of the way there. If you reply with "ok, cool", you are 50% of the way there!

I've never heard of a private owner skipping out yet but that's the risk.

Oh, it has happened. Probably can't consider it widespread given the sheer volume of private rental transactions. But it does happen.

Have a minimum of 10 total messages, essentially to establish that you are not a bot. You are 40% of the way there. If you reply with "ok, cool", you are 50% of the way there!
Ohhh, ok, thank you! I never would have figured that out!

What about a (dvc point)reservation made?. Im more than likely will not be able to go this year and borrowed point from 2019. Can you rent out it out. TIA

Last edited:
What about a (dvc point)reservation made?. Im more than likely will not be able to go this year and borrowed point from 2019. Can you rent out it out. TIA
You can, but there are restrictions on when you can list a confirmed reservation for rent. You should read the rules on the Rent/Trade board to learn how and when you can list it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!