Renting DVC and the Dining Plan

lilprincessandprince

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am hoping someone can help. We rented DVC points which we have done in the past but this time we added the dining plan. It isn't showing up anywhere on MDE. When you rent DVC does it not show up since you don't have a package? I keep reading how with the new app you can keep track of how many credits you have left but I can't see anywhere on the app that you can do that.
Thanks!!

Dining plans that are added through DVC are not visible on your My Disney Experience account. The company we rented points from sent us a screenshot from the Disney Vacation online check-in showing that the dining plan has been added to the reservation. I'm not sure if it show on the app after we get there and we register.

Hi! I am hoping someone can help. We rented DVC points which we have done in the past but this time we added the dining plan. It isn't showing up anywhere on MDE. When you rent DVC does it not show up since you don't have a package? I keep reading how with the new app you can keep track of how many credits you have left but I can't see anywhere on the app that you can do that.
Thanks!!

When it first started showing up on the app, I believe all DVC was not showing on the app. It didn't matter if it was owner or rented. Something about how they put those into the system didn't translate onto the tracker.

Yea I am renting DVC for our Sept trip and the owner just fwd me his email showing it had been added... I will admit its a little scary not seeing it..

I have a question... will the credits show up on MDE after checking in so we can keep track of our credits?

I am renting DVC and recently found out there *is* a way you can check it has been added. Go to the app, click "see all plans", click on your resort reservation and then click "view charges". On my MDE it shows the payment was made.

I have a question... will the credits show up on MDE after checking in so we can keep track of our credits?
Nope, not unless they’ve fixed something very recently. DVC dining plans don’t track credits in the app.

We were there two weeks ago staying on points and the plan did not show up on the app.

Thanks everyone! I liked the fact that we would be able to track it this time so kind of disappointing that we won't be able to because we are renting.

Hi. Thanks for this thread as we have the same issue. If it's not tracked in the app how will I know how many credits I have left? Is all the information printed on the receipts? Thanks

You can ask any of the waiters at restaurants, or the front desk staff st hotel, to tell you how many credits you have left. They just need to scan your magic band.

You can ask any of the waiters at restaurants, or the front desk staff st hotel, to tell you how many credits you have left. They just need to scan your magic band.
Thanks so much for the response. I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!