Renewing AP with DVC discount?

Candace

DIS Veteran
How long do we have to do this? Is it 30 days before you just have to buy another at full price (with the DVC discount)? Mine expires on June 6th, and I will be there at that time. However, I am not returning until the fall or maybe even January, 07. The discount given to renew the existing one is not huge, is it? Thanks for any help!

I don't think the renewal discount is worth it for you. Our A.P.'s expired in December. We waited and bought new ones in February that will take us through four trips. We won't need to buy new ones until the fall of 2007.

I think it's better to wait to renew for a situation like your's and mine.

But will the old A.P.'s be good for your whole trip in JUne? If so, wait.

HBC

Happy Birthday Cat said:
Our A.P.'s expired in December. We waited and bought new ones in February that will take us through four trips. We won't need to buy new ones until the fall of 2007.
That's the key, it seems to me -- not the amount of the discount, but the timing of how many trips you get for a particular price. If waiting gives you an additional trip, great. If not, might as well go for the lower price...even if it is only a few bucks.

Our passes expired in Feb, but renewing at that time was no benefit based on what we have planned, so we held off. I just bought our APs today on the members site, for activation in May, so we'll get at least two trips out of them, probably three. DDnow4goingon24 didn't need a pass her first trip (almost 3 at the time), but in December we bought her an AP...which she'll use for three nice trips.

Hi Have a question. Have AP expires early in OCT 7, didn't want to go in Sept, but am going Oct 25. If I buy another voucher on DVC site can I get that activated on Oct 25 with that date so I can use next year 07 in early Oct too(will then get 3 trips) with the early Oct renewal date I will get stuck going in last Sept again. Does that question make sense, has anyone done this. Thanks Carol :goodvibes

granmanh603 said:
Hi Have a question. Have AP expires early in OCT 7, didn't want to go in Sept, but am going Oct 25. If I buy another voucher on DVC site can I get that activated on Oct 25 with that date so I can use next year 07 in early Oct too(will then get 3 trips) with the early Oct renewal date I will get stuck going in last Sept again. Does that question make sense, has anyone done this. Thanks Carol :goodvibes
Yes. The pass is not activated until you pick it up and activate it. It's good for one year from the activation date, not the date you purchase it.

Oh good. I'd rather pay the extra and get a new voucher dated Oct 25 and get the 3 trips in and not have to go back in late Sept early Oct.. We usually stay 2 weeks at a time . you people are so helpful. Thanks. Carol :goodvibes

This is just a semantic correction. The voucher will be dated whatever date you make the purchase. The voucher is just written proof that you made the purchase, not the admission ticket to WDW, so the date on that document doesn't matter.

The Annual Pass does not start until it is activated at WDW for your first admission on that pass, and it's good for one year from that date.

Also keep in mind that when you go to activate your AP, you will need both photo ID AND your blue DVC membership card.

we try to buy ours so it covers at least 2 years of visits.We bought ou last ones in aug of 05 and used for 3 weeks and we are going in may and again at the end of july for 2 weeks.We wont buy them again until 2007 and time it to stretch out as long as possible

Yes usually that is what we do and I don't have a problem but last Oct our son could only go early Oct so we bought then but didn't want to go late Sept early Oct this year , we are booked for Oct 25 and was just worried that when we activated the voucher in Oct, since it was in the 30 day renewal period ,they would back date it to Oct 7(the date when it expires this year) since we are in the system. Carol :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter