Remember your faithful visitors

katallo

DIS Veteran
It seems over the past 6 months, Disney has cut back on discount codes and rates. I am very happy that tourism has rebounded and hope things continue on that trend But, please remember the faithful visitors who return year after year. We were there after 9/11 when hotels and parks were empty. For many of us, discounted rates truly matter and without them, yearly trips may become a thing of the past.

katallo said:
It seems over the past 6 months, Disney has cut back on discount codes and rates. I am very happy that tourism has rebounded and hope things continue on that trend But, please remember the faithful visitors who return year after year. We were there after 9/11 when hotels and parks were empty. For many of us, discounted rates truly matter and without them, yearly trips may become a thing of the past.

You said that beautifully!

PamNC

I agree. I wish Disney would offer a Frequent Disney visitor program. Rewarding those visitors who go frequently;for each trip letting people acquire reward points to be used for future trips.

Like a stay at a value for 5 nights might be worth 1,000pts
A moderate for 5 nights-1,500
A deluxe for 5 nights-2,00

The points could be adjusted for a longer stay or for DVC members.

Fast Pass said:
I agree. I wish Disney would offer a Frequent Disney visitor program. Rewarding those visitors who go frequently;for each trip letting people acquire reward points to be used for future trips.

Like a stay at a value for 5 nights might be worth 1,000pts
A moderate for 5 nights-1,500
A deluxe for 5 nights-2,00

The points could be adjusted for a longer stay or for DVC members.

lol I saw this and my first thought is all the bickering that went on about the possible changes in the fast pass program and how people staying at the Deluxe rooms would be treated better. If this were implemented, I see that same kind of uproar.

The AP discounts are NOT guaranteed. Never have been. I know it will hurt some, but if you can afford an AP, you PROBABLY aren't hurting so bad that an extra $100 on a hotel room for a visit would hurt you.

I don't want the discounts to go away and I don't think they are. I think that they are simply going to be given to people willing to make a ressie and KEEP it (and people that are willing to use the new automated on-line system). If it cost less in CM power to make the ressie, that makes it easier to continue to give AP discounts on rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter