Remember these? (Animators Palette)

Girl of the South

DIS Veteran
I bought this many years ago. I know it sounds weird, but it was in a Gallery where they sold artwork. And there were a few items for some sort of Silent Auction. The starting bid on this plate was $60. I didn’t care. I wanted it! And no one else bid so at the end of the cruise, it was mine! It’s quite heavy. Maybe it had mustard and ketchup in the little indentations? Can’t remember.

Attachments

• IMG_6314.jpeg
    IMG_6314.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 23
That's adorable! I have a couple of the little paintbrush spreaders, and I bought the Sugarboo & Co. watercolor palette serving tray to go with them. That little plate would fit right in!

Hmm, dessert? I wish I remembered. It's 12 X 10 inches and weighs 2 pounds without any food on it. I swear I remember a hamburger on it - I hardly ever order dessert on the cruises. I found this on eBay. It looks like a similar shape. Description says it's plastic. Maybe mine was a prototype? On the back it has a 'mark' from DUDSON, Stoke on Trent, England with 1800 - 1998.

Attachments

• Plastic Plate Disney.jpg
    Plastic Plate Disney.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Plastic Plate Description.jpg
    Plastic Plate Description.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 10
  • Plastic Plate with food.jpg
    Plastic Plate with food.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 15
My first cruse was in 2002. These would be very heavy to carry into a crowded dining room. At at table for 6 these plates would be 12 pounds just by themselves.

I pictured strawberry and chocolate in those indentions. The little cakes would have made sense, then. I started cruising in 2007.

Hmm, dessert? I wish I remembered. It's 12 X 10 inches and weighs 2 pounds without any food on it. I swear I remember a hamburger on it - I hardly ever order dessert on the cruises. I found this on eBay. It looks like a similar shape. Description says it's plastic. Maybe mine was a prototype? On the back it has a 'mark' from DUDSON, Stoke on Trent, England with 1800 - 1998.
I wonder if that dessert shown is the Decorate Your Own Cupcake, with whipped cream, strawberry sauce, and white chocolate curls - from the kids menu in 2017? (Also mentioned in a review from 2013).

I just wish DCL sold the bread baskets from the Fantasy's Royal Palace restaurant. Can't help wondering how many baskets would have sold instead of being stolen. (picture from Pinterest)
1712704881275.jpeg

Last edited:
The staff told us that the most stolen item in the history of all the dinings rooms is the Animator's Palette Paint Brush Butter Knife. (sorry, no picture)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter