Regular plan last trip -considering no plan for next vacay

married2mm

DIS Veteran
wondering whether paying oop may be a better option for us...

Dh will (and does) eat absolutely anything-I am the opposite.
A child's portion is really sufficient food for me.
I don't eat dessert.
My snacks ate Diet Coke and fruit
Dhs are coffee and cake
We do utilise the refillable cups as much as possible!

We are equally happy to visit both quick service and table service; don't really prefer one over the other..

How do you decide oop or dining plan?
Especially if you've had ddp then switched to oop-was it a good move?

I don't eat dessert.
Dhs are coffee and cake

We are equally happy to visit both quick service and table service; don't really prefer one over the other..

Decide where you WANT to eat this trip without any thought to a dining plan. Once you know that, you can then check the menus to see if what you WANT to eat will be better with or without the plan.

Just from what you've stated, I think OOP will be a better way to go, but you need to do the math.

You can always buy the refillable mug if you want it, but I would include that cost in my math.

Thanks for your response-
Math is not my forte :fish:

Well, if you can decide where you want to eat, we can probably help you with the math. Remember, make decisions WITHOUT the dining plan in mind. If you want more TS than QS or the other way around, the only way to make a good assessment is to do what you WANT and not what a dining plan dictates.

I don't eat dessert.
Dhs are coffee and cake

Out of pocket is almost always less expensive if the alternative is purchasing a dining plan. It is possible to spend as much out of pocket as the dining plan costs, but you have to plan carefully and eat a lot to achieve this. Since you're happy with small portions, it's quite clear that OOP is the better deal in your case. So if you don't want to crunch numbers, but you do want to save, your best bet is to pay out of pocket.

Another thing to consider since you like fruit as a snack is can you bring some with you? The cost of apples, oranges, bananas, grapes at the parks is much more than at a grocery store. If you have a car you could easily stock up on some items that you could snack on in the parks and in your room.

It's very hard to make the dining plan to work to save money. It can be done but it's hard. A lot of people use it for the convenience that it's already paid for. Norway meal you will be saving money that day. If you go to a fantasmic dining package or river of light dining package the ones that take one credit not two you will be saving money that day. But a lot of days you will lose money on the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!