Regal Palms Thoughts and Questions

edsmiley

Earning My Ears
Good evening everyone!

Been doing some research on a place to stay this summer and I have been zeroing in on the Regal Palms. I was looking at using SkyAuction to get us a week. We plan on spending most of our time at the parks and don't really care much about the other amenities (pool, lazy river, etc). Had a few questions if anyone can help us out.

- We will have 4 adults and 5 kids (all less than 7 yo), we are thinking that a 3BR would be plenty for us. Anyone who has stayed at a 3BR have any thoughts? From what I read that the 3BR are the same as 4BR but the 3BR has a pull out couch in the 4th room.

- We will also have two cars with us. Will there be an issue having more than one car?

- I have heard comments about allowing 40 minutes for drive time to the parks. My Google Map-Fu has put me at about 20-25 minutes at various times. Is it really 40 minutes? We have had good luck getting to the parks at rope drop, with an early afternoon break back at the hotel for dinner. Don't know if we would want to invest over an hour round trip for that break.

- Are there any other onsite fees? The sky auction I was looking at listed just the $20 processing fee for them. Saw another person mention a "parking pass fee" being waived for a timeshare presentation.

Thanks for any help!
Ed

Regal Palms is ( just off ) on Hwy 27 Between Hwy 192 & Hwy I-4

It is Behind a Publix grocery store ( With eating places attached ) & a gas Station

Yes it could take 30 min each way to get to parks ((( NOT 15 min )))

Will you put the 5 children in One Bedroom ? if yes then a 3 bed will be OK.

There are really good eating places ( and a lot cheaper ) on the way & on Hwy 192.

Golden Corral ( Children's buffet ) , Longhorn steakhouse , Cracker Barrell etc

& Manny's Chop House ( Children Eat Free on Mondays ( ? )

Go For IT ...... you will enjoy

Oh, and for places to eat you can't beat the IHOP right in front of the resort. Way cheaper than park prices and it just opened about a year ago. The Applebee's right next door 50/50 shot whether you get a good server or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter