Refillable Mug

Rich M

DIS Veteran
Can you use your refillable mugs at other resorts during your stay? I have a split stay and will be getting three mugs because I have three different dining plans so wondering if I really need to waste the mugs and if its ok to just get one for my whole trip.

Yes, your first mug will be good for 14 days at all Disney resorts. You can probably make someone's day by giving them one of your other mugs that you really won't need :)

I belong to a leftovers group and will frequently post that I have mugs that are good til x date and where I will leave them in case someone wants to grab them. I have also just left them on a bench near the elevators at SSR with a note saying FREE and the date they are good until. The last thing I need to do is take home another one of those mugs!

Yes, your first mug will be good for 14 days at all Disney resorts. You can probably make someone's day by giving them one of your other mugs that you really won't need :)

I belong to a leftovers group and will frequently post that I have mugs that are good til x date and where I will leave them in case someone wants to grab them. I have also just left them on a bench near the elevators at SSR with a note saying FREE and the date they are good until. The last thing I need to do is take home another one of those mugs!

Wow. That's a great idea. I think I will do the same. I use to do that with Fastpasses when we didn't need them so doing it with a mug will be magical too. Thanks. I would have just thrown them away as I am no longer bringing them home as they just take up space.

Wow. That's a great idea. I think I will do the same. I use to do that with Fastpasses when we didn't need them so doing it with a mug will be magical too. Thanks. I would have just thrown them away as I am no longer bringing them home as they just take up space.

If you are at a resort with a food court, I just look for a family not using the dining plan when checking out and offer it. It's fun passing on a little magic :)

Does the 14 days just go from the day you bought it? I couldn't see how else it would not work on day 15

This is interesting to me. I didn’t realize the mug had an expiration date. I guess that makes sense so you can’t bring them back and reuse them. But I guess that never crossed my mind till now. How exactly does it work

There is a chip in the mug that gets activated when you purchase it. When you put your mug in the spot to fill it, the rapid refill machine will tell you a "refills good thru" date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!