>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I thought it was 3 times in ~2 hours. Did that change?
When we stayed at the WL last March 2017 it was 24 hours. I was able to get 2 drinks for breakfast and another one before bed for the single use cups.

edited for clarity

Last edited:
The question asked was “how much are hot drinks at the resorts with no refillable mug”...

I’ve never been told of a limit when buying a paper cup for coffee. But I personally won’t keep such a cup all day. That’s why for me the mug is worth it pretty quickly bc I have coffee (with a refill) in the morning and decaf at night, and I personally would not be keeping that disposable cup all day.

And of course the hot drinks have nothing external keeping us from refilling disposable or refillable vessels. Since I've never been told of a limit for hot drinks, I just go with my personal sense of what’s ok.

When we stayed at the WL last March 2017 it was 24 hours. I was able to get 2 drinks for breakfast and another one before bed.

I came in late and thought the 3 fills pertained to the refillable mugs. Fortunately it does not, and is for the individual "single use" cups that you may purchase. I was scared there for a minute...This would be a significant limitation, and drastically alter the value of the mugs.
I see that you were answering about the single use cups. That makes sense. I get it now.

When our son was little we used to buy him a mug. Since he has grown up and it's just the two of us we don't buy them anymore. We're not sure if we would use it enough to break even.

When we stayed at the WL last March 2017 it was 24 hours. I was able to get 2 drinks for breakfast and another one before bed for the single use cups.

edited for clarity
At SSR in Dec 2017 and OKW in Jan 2018 it was three refills within two hours for the paper cup (single drink) with the chip on the bottom of the paper cup.

I was watching a Tim Tracker video and he was in one of the store at Fort Wilderness. Did I see a millennial pink top to the mugs? I stopped the video and everyone in my family said that it was millennial pink.

I was watching a Tim Tracker video and he was in one of the store at Fort Wilderness. Did I see a millennial pink top to the mugs? I stopped the video and everyone in my family said that it was millennial pink.
Behind the cashier? They looked like they were just washed out from the harsh lighting.

Sorry for what may sound like an obvious question, but.... If I bought a mug last year, can I bring that mug with me this year and have it activated for a fee? Or do I have to buy another mug?

Sorry for what may sound like an obvious question, but.... If I bought a mug last year, can I bring that mug with me this year and have it activated for a fee? Or do I have to buy another mug?
Sure, that fee is the same price as a new mug.

Does anyone know if there is a coke freestyle machine by stormalong bay or do you have to go into either BC/YC to refill it if you are pool side.

Does anyone know if there is a coke freestyle machine by stormalong bay or do you have to go into either BC/YC to refill it if you are pool side.
The pool bar Hurricane Hanna's has a regular soda fountain that you can use rapid refill mugs with, not one of the newer freestyle machines. You would have to go into the YC's Market at Ale & Compass or BC's Marketplace for a freestyle machine.

The pool bar Hurricane Hanna's has a regular soda fountain that you can use rapid refill mugs with, not one of the newer freestyle machines. You would have to go into the YC's Market at Ale & Compass or BC's Marketplace for a freestyle machine.
Thanks.. At least there is one out there. I could not remember.

Just a warning - if you have used that mug in the microwave or dishwasher, the chip could be damaged and it couldn't be reactivated. :)

edited for clarity
If it is only 3 refills in 24 hours I'm not sure it would be worth it for a short stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!