>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Does anyone know if the soda machines have carbonated water? I've never used the refillable mugs when I've stayed before because I don't really drink soda, but if they had carbonated water I'd be quite tempted.
There are some locations that have carbonated water, also called soda water. Hurricane Hanna and the Boardwalk Bakery are two that I know of.

Are the designs of the mugs the same at every resort or are they specific to where you buy it?

Quick question. Next stay doing 5 nights on-site, 4 nights St Augustine, 5 nights back at a different resort DVC. We will buy the refillable mug. Was thinking may consider dining plan for first 5 nights only as get the mugs thrown in so that's circa $80 worth if the mugs last all the way through.
I know the mugs are meant to last 14 days but in Disney's own dining plan FAQ it says mugs obtained through dining plan expire on last night of stay at 12. Is this just false info or will the dining plan obtained mug definitely last me for my second 5 night stay?

Cheers.

Quick question. Next stay doing 5 nights on-site, 4 nights St Augustine, 5 nights back at a different resort DVC. We will buy the refillable mug. Was thinking may consider dining plan for first 5 nights only as get the mugs thrown in so that's circa $80 worth if the mugs last all the way through.
I know the mugs are meant to last 14 days but in Disney's own dining plan FAQ it says mugs obtained through dining plan expire on last night of stay at 12. Is this just false info or will the dining plan obtained mug definitely last me for my second 5 night stay?

Cheers.

That's incorrect information. The RFID system does not know how long your stay is. It doesn't interface with the reservation or MDE system.

I asked about this earlier in the thread, but I acquired some Bounty paper towels that are pre-loaded with Dawn and have tried them out and they are going to be awesome at cleaning out the refillable mugs!

Great idea!

I asked about this earlier in the thread, but I acquired some Bounty paper towels that are pre-loaded with Dawn and have tried them out and they are going to be awesome at cleaning out the refillable mugs!

Great idea!
I cut up dishwashing pads, loaded them with washing up liquid and took them in a zip lock bag. Just kept them in the room to wash everyone's mugs.

Does anyone know if the soda machines have carbonated water? I've never used the refillable mugs when I've stayed before because I don't really drink soda, but if they had carbonated water I'd be quite tempted.

The Coke Freestyle Machine (I like to call it Soda Computer) at POFQ had sparkling Dasani in plain and lemon-lime. They also have an option to make different kinds of fruity flavored soda waters but I think those options (such as strawberry lemonade) use the flavor syrups that go into the other sodas, whereas the Dasani option tastes like seltzer and is not very sweet.

Hey gang - so I want to double check.... I saw something similar in a post but want make sure the same holds true. I'm staying at Boulder Ridge in Jan 2018 for 2 days, then going to Boardwalk Villas for 10. Thinking of buying the dining plan for the first 2 days. Disney says my mug expires after the 2 days. Is that true or does it still stay active for 14 days? I really don't want to buy a new one at the Boardwalk. The mugs are one of the reasons I'd even consider getting the dining plan for the first 2 days as I priced those days pretty close to even with or without the plan (just with meals and snacks). Anyone know?

Hey gang - so I want to double check.... I saw something similar in a post but want make sure the same holds true. I'm staying at Boulder Ridge in Jan 2018 for 2 days, then going to Boardwalk Villas for 10. Thinking of buying the dining plan for the first 2 days. Disney says my mug expires after the 2 days. Is that true or does it still stay active for 14 days? I really don't want to buy a new one at the Boardwalk. The mugs are one of the reasons I'd even consider getting the dining plan for the first 2 days as I priced those days pretty close to even with or without the plan (just with meals and snacks). Anyone know?

It'll be active for 14 days. The Rapid Refill system has no way to know when you check out, when your dining plan ends, etc. Once it gets activated at the register, it's good for 14 days.

Last edited:
Any new mugs yet? I hate the white handle mugs. Hope they go back to colour ones.

So how long have these current ones been around? No time to look back now for previous posts, but we do have a ton of the current ones.

Do you mean the current design, or the white handles? Because I believe the current design has been around since October 2015.

Do you mean the current design, or the white handles? Because I believe the current design has been around since October 2015.

Yeah, I meant the current design. Forgot about the white handles, thanks for the reminder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!