>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I tried to read through the whole thread but still have a question...

1) If I pay oop for the mug, is it still activated for 14 days? I think that should be a yes.

2) Real question - we have a late flight arriving after midnight and staying at all stars. That morning, we check out of all stars and need to wait until 4pm for check in to boardwalk (with dining plan). So long as I do online check-in for boardwalk, can we pick up the mugs while still at all stars for our morning coffee?

1) If I pay oop for the mug, is it still activated for 14 days? I think that should be a yes.

Yes.

2) Real question - we have a late flight arriving after midnight and staying at all stars. That morning, we check out of all stars and need to wait until 4pm for check in to boardwalk (with dining plan). So long as I do online check-in for boardwalk, can we pick up the mugs while still at all stars for our morning coffee?

Pretty sure!

But you don't have to wait until 4 to check in at all. You can head on over there and visit the front desk as early as 6am (when the computers flip over to the current date). So you could have your coffee at BW if you want. :)

You could do online check-in, but you can also just head over to BW after you check out of All Stars and drop off any bags you don't have transferred by Disney, check-in, and get your mugs there.

Ugh...I think those darn white handles are here to stay. Blech.
I had no idea the handles were white now, but I am so glad we've got them back. I had a handleless mug in Oct and it drove me nuts but I still feel Disney should offer both to please everyone. I also think it's time for Disney to re-introduce a new design as well.

I had no idea the handles were white now, but I am so glad we've got them back. I had a handleless mug in Oct and it drove me nuts but I still feel Disney should offer both to please everyone. I also think it's time for Disney to re-introduce a new design as well.

I probably should have been more clear in my post. I want the handles...just not in white. I want them to be color coordinated with the lids again. :) I think we're probably going to have to wait another year or so for a new design. The current one is less than 2 years old. I think they went about 3 years between new designs last time.

You will need to check out of All Stars before you check into the Boardwalk. If you don't, your reservation will be messed up at the Boardwalk. You can check into Boardwalk as early as 6:30AM and get your mug and fill it up with coffee there. But you'll have to be checked out of All Stars first. Once you check out of All Stars, you can't get back into your room there.

Okay, I admit that I did not read all of this posts in this thread, so forgive me if this was asked and answered before. Is there a discount available on the mugs for DVC members?

Okay, I admit that I did not read all of this posts in this thread, so forgive me if this was asked and answered before. Is there a discount available on the mugs for DVC members?

last year there was not...we bought other things as well that the discount was good on and was told the mugs do not apply..... Bottom line is for 17.99 if that is still the price...5 fountain drinks and it paid for itself...

last year there was not...we bought other things as well that the discount was good on and was told the mugs do not apply..... Bottom line is for 17.99 if that is still the price...5 fountain drinks and it paid for itself...

I completely agree it is a good deal... we buy one every trip for our daughter. I have just never thought to ask if there was a DVC discount. :-)

I read through LOTS of this thread, and it seems like the answer to this is YES, but I like being sure!! :-) We are staying at All Star Sports the night before our 3 night cruise and then returning to stay at All Star Movies the night after our cruise. I could purchase the cups when we arrive, use them the day we get there and the morning before we leave for the cruise AND then use them four days later when we get to All Star Movies and the next day before we leave for home? AND we are planning on exploring many of the resorts during those days, could we use them at those resorts, too?? Thanks for clarifying for the non-experts like me!! :-)

I read through LOTS of this thread, and it seems like the answer to this is YES, but I like being sure!! :-) We are staying at All Star Sports the night before our 3 night cruise and then returning to stay at All Star Movies the night after our cruise. I could purchase the cups when we arrive, use them the day we get there and the morning before we leave for the cruise AND then use them four days later when we get to All Star Movies and the next day before we leave for home? AND we are planning on exploring many of the resorts during those days, could we use them at those resorts, too?? Thanks for clarifying for the non-experts like me!! :-)
Yes, you can.

Yes.

From the original post...

The mugs are sold as ‘length of stay’, but they seem to remain active for 14 days. The display screen on the soda machine will show you the expiration date for the mug when you fill it.

...once your mug has been activated, it can be used at any Disney resort.

I stayed at a Disney resort earlier this year and I still have the mug. Can I bring it with me on my next trip, pay the activation fee again and use it?
Yes, you can, as long as it’s one of the Rapid Fill mugs with the RFID chip.

This is interesting, I'd never read that. I'm sitting at home drinking from my 2016 resort mug, and DH and I are starting to think about a 2018 trip. I'm guessing we could bring back the mug? Is there a price difference between buying a whole new mug and just reactivating an older one?

This is interesting, I'd never read that. I'm sitting at home drinking from my 2016 resort mug, and DH and I are starting to think about a 2018 trip. I'm guessing we could bring back the mug? Is there a price difference between buying a whole new mug and just reactivating an older one?

Yes, I've heard/seen people say they have done this. The cost is the same as if you buy a new mug. You also have to be sure your current mug hasn't been microwaved as that will destroy the RFID chip. I can't remember if the heat of the dry cycle of a dishwasher causes damage as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter