Redeemed MyPoints for $50 Visa Prepaid Card. Why Should I NOT Have Done That?

So has anyone been able to buy a Disney giftcard with an e-gift visa?? I've been saving up for Walmart but this would be so much better if it works!

I did the other day. Used a virtual visa from swagbucks to buy disney e- gc from the disney site.

I bought an e-gift card from shopdisney.com using the eVisa twice now. Works easily and don’t need to leave the house.

My account is still showing the transaction as processing. I've not had a points redemption take this long before so not sure it will go through. I guess I'll contact them, but since it's the weekend I doubt I'll hear for a few days.

My account is still showing the transaction as processing. I've not had a points redemption take this long before so not sure it will go through. I guess I'll contact them, but since it's the weekend I doubt I'll hear for a few days.

They say that it can take up to 10 days. They probably ran out of them. lol

I have a question-Has anyone ever used their redeemed Visa GC to buy a gift card through MyGiftCardsPlus? Do you get the mypoints for it? Just wondering as I see MyGiftCardsPlus has Southwest GC. :flower:

So, can you print this out and use it like a regular gc? Or does it have to be purchased online? If yes, how do you purchase a Disney gc with it?

I emailed mypoints this morning since I still haven't gotten my eCard (ordered 7/11). I got a standard reply that they will look into it, but it also said I should have received an immediate claim code in my email verifying that I'd made the transaction. I didn't get anything in my email about the transaction, so my question to you guys is whether or not you received a confirmation email when you redeemed your points.

*UPDATE: I just received the ecard claim code email :) Thanks to those who posted about this deal.

Last edited:

I see the 50.00 Visa E-gift cards are back to 6800 points. Thanks to the OP for posting this.
Wow this morning they were still at 5000 points they just changed it. I was able to grab 3 of them at 5000 points. then just used them on shop Disney to buy gift cards. I wonder if they will do this again. I will stack my points until next month

Blurgh! I was almost to 5000 and saw the change this afternoon. Oh well, at least the $25 were down to 3400 (when I redeemed about 30 min ago at least).

Blurgh! I was almost to 5000 and saw the change this afternoon. Oh well, at least the $25 were down to 3400 (when I redeemed about 30 min ago at least).
Yes I think they both went down. $50 visa was at 7450 or something like that it is down at leas 500 points.

Title says what I did. The Visa Prepaid Card for $50 was only 5000 points which is much better than the other gift cards for $50. Most of them are in the 7000 point range.

I always got Target cards to flip so this is new for me. Is there a reason these cards have low redemption points that I can't think of? They are egift cards so there's that. It's not like I can hand it over in a drive thru.
Boo hoo, the price today is 6,800 :-( I was getting so close to 5000 points and looking forward to getting the visa card. Hopefully, they will lower it again.

Boo hoo, the price today is 6,800 :-( I was getting so close to 5000 points and looking forward to getting the visa card. Hopefully, they will lower it again.
It is still less than it used to be. I keep checking other cards just to see if they lowered any?

The $25 Visa Gift card is now 3850 points, so that was a good grab, but for 1150 more you can get $50. It deducted my points and shows in my account as having ordered $50 Visa Gift card. I hope it's not an error.

These Visa cards expire, so you have to use them in a timely manner. I didn't think I would be able to flip them like afan thinks, but we'll find out!

VISA & Other Prepaid Cards are not allowed to expire anymore. I can't remember the exact legalize, but a company can only charge you a inactivity fee after like two years, and if the card expires, they have to replace it, minus a small fee. Check the CFPB if you run into problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!