Recommended hospitals near WDW?

PrincessP

DIS Veteran
Don't know which thread is best for this....

Heading down for a business trip with DH next week, not staying on property. We plan to hit WDW water parks. If the kidney stone I am currently dealing with causes me severe problems while in Orlando, which hospital....ER is recommended?

Anyone with personal experience?

Thanks!

Don't know which thread is best for this....

Heading down for a business trip with DH next week, not staying on property. We plan to hit WDW water parks. If the kidney stone I am currently dealing with causes me severe problems while in Orlando, which hospital....ER is recommended?

Anyone with personal experience?

Thanks!
My CM friend has had two sinus surgeries at Florida Hospital Celebration Health and received excellent care. The surgery nurse even called to follow up the day after the procedure.

Many of her CMs friends choose Celebration's emergency room over other hospitals in the area.

I found myself in need of medical care last summer during our vacation, and was taken to Florida Hospital Celebration Health by ambulance from the TTC. The care I received there was excellent. Better, in my opinion, than what I get here in NY. While I did wind up staying a bit longer than I had hoped for (a day and a half), they did what needed to be done, and I left the hospital knowing that I was in good health, and ready to enjoy the remainder of my vacation.

In 2006 I had an issue with blood in my urine during our trip to WDW. I was 6 months pregnant at the time, so my Dr in California recommended that I go to the hospital. I called the front desk (staying at AKL) because we figured we needed a taxi or something and they could help us with that. They summoned the Ambulance, who transported us to Celebration Hospital where we received lovely care and everything turned out fine (too much walking was the issue, lol). We had a great conversation with the medics who transported us.

If I remember correctly, Disney covered the cost of the ambulance.... But I could be mistaken.

Have a lovely trip. Celebration Hospital is a great choice if you need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!