Recommendations on Orlando hotels for a couple days not at DW

4leobeans

Mouseketeer
Thinking about everyone in Florida, and hoping families and lives will get back to normal sooner rather then later.

Looking for suggestions from Orlando-ians and travellers

We are having a really hard time finding affordable flights for a Saturday arrival. We are starting to look now at arriving into Orlando on a Thursday, and spending two days off Disney property (waiting to check-in :rotfl2:).

I'm looking for some recommendations on somewhere to spend a day and a half. We're a family of five, with kids aged 4, 7 and 9.
We likely won't be touring elsewhere, but could rent a car if I can find a day rental for cheap.

We're coming from Canada, where it will be winter, so will likely spend some pool time. If breakfast is included, better but not required.

We will plan to go back to the airport on Saturday am to catch ME to Disney, so I dont think I want to be too far from the airport.

This is a totally new thought, but if my flights cost $2500 instead of $5000, we'll absolutely spend a couple extra days in Florida! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for your input.

I have stayed at the Homewood Suites. Very close to the airport. They have breakfast, a kitchen in your room, and serve a reception with drinks and food Monday thru Weds or Thurs. We were very pleased.

Thinking about everyone in Florida, and hoping families and lives will get back to normal sooner rather then later.

We are having a really hard time finding affordable flights for a Saturday arrival. We are starting to look now at arriving into Orlando on a Thursday, and spending two days off Disney property (waiting to check-in :rotfl2:).

I'm looking for some recommendations on somewhere to spend a day and a half. We're a family of five, with kids aged 4, 7 and 9.
We likely won't be touring elsewhere, but could rent a car if I can find a day rental for cheap.

We're coming from Canada, where it will be winter, so will likely spend some pool time. If breakfast is included, better but not required.

We will plan to go back to the airport on Saturday am to catch ME to Disney, so I dont think I want to be too far from the airport.

This is a totally new thought, but if my flights cost $2500 instead of $5000, we'll absolutely spend a couple extra days in Florida! :thumbsup2

We were in this position a few years ago and stayed at the Comfort Suites - https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/orlando/comfort-suites-hotels/fl952 We only stayed one night and it was fine. There is no restaurant or bar on site but they do have a decent breakfast buffet.

Just to question your thinking on this a bit, are you staying out near the airport (where there is nothing to do) just so that you can take DME? With two extra days, I would be looking at one of the great suite hotels in or around Disney Springs. You will have many more options for entertainment and dining in that area. Then when you are ready to transfer to the Disney Resort, if your bags are light grab Disney Transportation from DS, or if you have more luggage take an Uber ($15-20). Actually, with 5 in the party, I would probably take Uber Black.

Sorry, I just can't imaging sitting out by the airport when I could be getting the party started 2 days early.

Just to question your thinking on this a bit, are you staying out near the airport (where there is nothing to do) just so that you can take DME? With two extra days, I would be looking at one of the great suite hotels in or around Disney Springs. You will have many more options for entertainment and dining in that area. Then when you are ready to transfer to the Disney Resort, if your bags are light grab Disney Transportation from DS, or if you have more luggage take an Uber ($15-20). Actually, with 5 in the party, I would probably take Uber Black.

Sorry, I just can't imaging sitting out by the airport when I could be getting the party started 2 days early.

That's what my husband said!

Yes, I'm thinking near the airport, so we can eventually take DME to DW. I wanted to avaid renting a car if possible, just for not having to worry about driving/car seats etc.

Honestly, even though we've flown into Orlando 4 or 5 times, I can't think of how far it is from anything else.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I will also check those places out and run them by the family :)

Agreed. When I do the airport, it's because I am arriving late the night before my "vacation" really starts and I just need a place to crash. For more than that, I'd be looking to go someplace more interesting.

That said, my go-to airport location is the Sheraton Suites (I prefer Starwood properties when they are convenient). A good second choice is the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside.

There is

There is a Hyatt Regency right IN the Orlando airport, if that sounds appealing at all. It actually looks quite nice, and it does have a pool. You've got all the airport shops and restaurants, plus the hotel has its own restaurants. We're going to stay there the night before our check-in day at Disney. Plan to get up early, head down to DME, go to our resort, drop our bags, and head to a park until it's time for check-in.

I don't know about a day and a half at MCO though. I'd probably opt for a Disney Springs hotel for that.

Why not just book a Disney value resort.

It's thanksgiving, and everything att DW is booked.

Plus, we can't fit 5 in a value other than a suite....and for $300 a night, we'll look elsewhere :thumbsup2

I think we will try hotels near I-drive / Universal...and spend a day shopping, and touring something else.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

I drive hotels aren't close to the airport. So you would have to pay to get from the airport to the hotel and then back to the airport to get the MDE to Disney. It might be cheaper to uber from I drive to WDW. Also I drive is super long and not something that you can walk. You can walk to the stuff nearby but a lot of times you need a car.

I drive hotels aren't close to the airport. So you would have to pay to get from the airport to the hotel and then back to the airport to get the MDE to Disney. It might be cheaper to uber from I drive to WDW. Also I drive is super long and not something that you can walk. You can walk to the stuff nearby but a lot of times you need a car.

There's the I-Ride Trolley, which could be an alternative to renting a car. I've never used it, so I can't say how easy it is to utilize.

OP, there's really nothing near the airport of interest except the Florida Mall. I think staying on I-Drive would be more fun. You could get a room at Cabana Bay and enjoy CityWalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter