Recommendations for family of 8

kim826

Earning My Ears
We are planning on taking our six foster children to WDW next April. Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels that offer suites that would be able to handle 8? Thanks for any help!

I think your best bet would be to rent a vacation home instead! Even the Resorts that bill themselves has having 'room for eight'....it is usually a VERRRRRRY tight 8 and involves one or more sofa bed. You should be able to find a decent vacation home for a decent price (when compared to renting several hotel rooms to accomodate you all!)

And God Bless You! WDW with 6 kids? I think sainthood is in your future! ;)

BK

I totally agree...April is a great time to go...Try going to vrbo.com and search the Disney area in Florida...you will see hundreds of homes for rent..you should be able to get a4 or 5 bedroom home with a pool for about a 100 dollars a night...shop around, there are lots more houses to rent right now than there are renters so always offer the low season price and look for amenities like TV in all bedrooms, a king bed for you and spouse, and of course your own private bath.......and remember pool heat is extra and you WILL need pool heat to enjoy the pool...these homes are great.........Now, these homes are in neighborhoods and they are not within walking distance of any resaurant or mall, or store or place where the kids can just hang out (maybe that's good!)...If you want a place near a lot of action then look for a moderate room on International Drive...this is a true "strip" of shops, arcades, restaurants, tee shirt stores and mobs of people......they would have suite hotels like Hawthorn where asuite would have two rooms with a pull out couch that could sleep 4 easy...check out weeklytop10-orlando.com for some good prices on various hotels and suites....Lake Buena Vista will also pop up as a location...very nice area close to Disney,lots of restaurants, but not near the "action" of Int. Drive...good luck, have fun shopping and feel free to post back with questions.......we were foster parents in the late 70,s...my regards to you both....Ted

If you want to stay on property your best bet is a 2 bedroom villa at BWV, WLV, BCV, or OKW. You will find it cheaper to rent a house. We are going in june and got a 7 bedroom, 3 bath house with a pool for $159 a night. There are 12 of us going. If you go in April the rates will be lower. We always rent a house when there is a group of us going and have not had any problems. just be sure to research it carefully. Some require payment up front, some a large deposit and others just require a small deposit and pay when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter