Recent Issues with DFTW

lolcatparty

Earning My Ears
Wondering if anyone has any idea of what is going on within the weddings department. We first signed our contract for a Disney World wedding back in 2019 before COVID and postponed to this November. I understand COVID had a huge impact but I’ve been seeing lots of upset brides lately in the Facebook group. It seems the department has been deteriorating. I know they furloughed staff early on during the pandemic but they only brought back limited staff and it seems some staff have been leaving recently. Franc’s is still not open and they will not be offering in person planning sessions in the future. It seems very disorganized and chaotic and we’re a bit worried since we’re spending so much money. When we did speak to our planner they did admit they are very behind. They have been very difficult, unaccommodating, and unresponsive compared to the first time we planned a wedding with them. It was great in 2019-2020! Has anyone been able to speak to someone who gave them more than a scripted response?
Thanks!

This seems to be everyone's experience at the moment. It is baffling that the powers that be won't give them the resources they need to handle what could amount to double the number of weddings this year, due to COVID postponements.

I will say that everyone I have interviewed for the Disney Wedding Podcast lately has said that everything turned out well on the day of their event—much to many couples' surprise, given the difficulty they had during planning. But it is imperative that everything you want for your wedding be listed in the BEO or Floral BEO, because they now have a separate team running coordination on the day of, and the only way they will know what you want is if it's in the BEO.

This seems to be everyone's experience at the moment. It is baffling that the powers that be won't give them the resources they need to handle what could amount to double the number of weddings this year, due to COVID postponements.

I will say that everyone I have interviewed for the Disney Wedding Podcast lately has said that everything turned out well on the day of their event—much to many couples' surprise, given the difficulty they had during planning. But it is imperative that everything you want for your wedding be listed in the BEO or Floral BEO, because they now have a separate team running coordination on the day of, and the only way they will know what you want is if it's in the BEO.
Thanks for letting us know. We still have not received our floral BEO and only recently received the first version of our BEO. The only great thing so far since all the changes have been the room block coordinators. They have been consistently great! The new group tasting system makes no sense. It’s not safe to have one and one sessions anymore “due to Covid”, but it’s considered safe to place a bunch of couples in the same room for a group tasting. The first come first serve aspect is ridiculous, all couples should be able to have the opportunity to taste their food.

Thanks for letting us know. We still have not received our floral BEO and only recently received the first version of our BEO. The only great thing so far since all the changes have been the room block coordinators. They have been consistently great! The new group tasting system makes no sense. It’s not safe to have one and one sessions anymore “due to Covid”, but it’s considered safe to place a bunch of couples in the same room for a group tasting. The first come first serve aspect is ridiculous, all couples should be able to have the opportunity to taste their food.

Do you mind elaborating on the group tasting?

Agreed. Also, the fact that you don't get to request specific dishes that you want for your wedding and are just tasting what Disney considers to be their greatest hits. But I suppose it is better than nothing if you're really worried that Disney's food won't be up to par...

Supposedly the in-person planning sessions were being phased out prior to COVID because they took up so much time for the planners. But if that's the case, considering how much prices are rising, it's just another example of reduced service from a company that bills itself as having world-class service.

They are invite-only group sessions similar to the menu tastings offered at past bridal showcases. They hold about 2 per month, and couples who are having full 3+ hour receptions are invited about 2 months before their weddings. You can bring 2 extra people for a total of 4 people per group. Dietary restrictions and food allergies are accommodated, but you don't get to request any dishes.

Sure. Instead of the one on
Agreed. Also, the fact that you don't get to request specific dishes that you want for your wedding and are just tasting what Disney considers to be their greatest hits. But I suppose it is better than nothing if you're really worried that Disney's food won't be up to par...

Supposedly the in-person planning sessions were being phased out prior to COVID because they took up so much time for the planners. But if that's the case, considering how much prices are rising, it's just another example of reduced service from a company that bills itself as having world-class service.

They are invite-only group sessions similar to the menu tastings offered at past bridal showcases. They hold about 2 per month, and couples who are having full 3+ hour receptions are invited about 2 months before their weddings. You can bring 2 extra people for a total of 4 people per group. Dietary restrictions and food allergies are accommodated, but you don't get to request any dishes.
Also, they are buffet style group tastings. Unfortunately right now they are not running 2 months before the wedding (which is extremely close to begin with). They gave us two dates a month before our wedding, one being after our BEO was already due…

Thanks! I am sure glad my daughter won't be getting married until 2023. She has thought about pushing to 2024 to just have it be more "normal". Hopefully this won't be the new status quo because that really stinks not to get a full experience. That's the whole point of a tasting!

Thanks! I am sure glad my daughter won't be getting married until 2023. She has thought about pushing to 2024 to just have it be more "normal". Hopefully this won't be the new status quo because that really stinks not to get a full experience. That's the whole point of a tasting!
We have been told this will be the new normal. Unfortunately it seems Disney as a whole has been using Covid as an excuse to make cuts anywhere they can company wide.

We have been told this will be the new normal. Unfortunately it seems Disney as a whole has been using Covid as an excuse to make cuts anywhere they can company wide.

Well, if enough people complain, it will change. Just like they changed back the Ohana menu! So here's hoping!

They took weeks to respond to my initial inquiry. I’m set to attend the Open House at the Grand Floridian this weekend (whatever that is) and then we meet our consultant via Zoom on the 15th. I’m planning a ceremony at the Poly in March and a dessert party the night before. I’m going to do my reception at Paddlefish. It seemed like such a better deal than the Disney reception.
I’m hoping this will be a positive experience and not ruin my childhood dream.

They took weeks to respond to my initial inquiry. I’m set to attend the Open House at the Grand Floridian this weekend (whatever that is)

Is the open house just for guests with a wedding already booked or for anyone interested? Thanks!

Is the open house just for guests with a wedding already booked or for anyone interested? Thanks!

I am not sure. They replied to my initial inquiry and assigned my consultant and told me about it. It’s at the Pavilion from 9-1 on the 4th. I just happen to be there for a long trip starting Saturday.

I have only a tentative hold on my date and locations as of now- so perhaps it’s for those in early planning stages?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter