Reassure me, all star movies

jimjenkids

Mouseketeer
so looking at the dates(December 10-14) and what is available, looks like we will be staying at all star movies. its been years since we stayed there( last time was when it was opening).....we are planning a quick trip to Disney following a wedding and with short planning comes the lack of available of rooms at other resorts. we will however be bring my dd(19), her BF(21) and my other dd(15) with us and they surprisingly are not being picky as to resorts, as long as they have their own room-so we will be doing 2 rooms(a family suite is more expensive than 2 rooms) look to also fly down instead of driving. has all star movies had any updates or renos? any chance they have coffee pots? last trip was to POP, last xmas....

I am tuning in simply in hopes of seeing some other people respond to this! It has been many years since I have stayed at ASMo myself (probably 20 or more years) and we are looking into staying there next spring for an extended weekend trip. My parents are going for a quick weekend trip this fall and planning to stay there as well so hopefully they will have some feedback for us!

We stayed here in May and at that time we didn't have in room coffee pots. However, we thought the resort was nice and we would go back. They were painting the exterior when we were there. The good court has been redone. The rooms have been updated, but it's not the updates Pop is getting now.

no coffee pots and no renovations but great place clean and convenient, right now POP century is in the middle of a refurbishment and there are some new rooms ready with coffee pots, All Stars are supposed to be next but not by your travel dates. Did you check Pop Century availability for your dates?

We stayed there last October and loved it! We'd stay there again. Only negative - the coffee at the food court is among the worst I've ever had! But I still drank it because, you know, addiction.

We thought it was clean and appeared updated. I believe they did a big Reno around 2011.

My (15 year old) son and I stayed there last year in March (March 2016) and our room felt really old and worn. Perhaps it was luck of the draw but there were stains SO bad on the chairs and stuff all over the walls (I think around the sink area - maybe bathroom) that I stopped at the front desk and told them about the condition of our room. They were apologetic and swapped the chairs and cleaned the room, etc. so at least it didn't feel quite as gross to be in it. Otherwise the room was just beat up and old. Just for comparison - I recently stayed (Oct and Dec) in a non-refurbished room at Coronado and I thought it was absolutely fine....loved it even. And I'm talking about the room condition and not the size of the room or amenities of the resort, etc.

As you can see from my signature I've stayed all over - probably at the moderates the most but just about everywhere else and at this point I really, really would not want to stay at any of the AS resorts.

I don't know when Pop Warner is this year but we were there last December at the tail end of it - staying in AS Sports and my gosh was it loud - like after midnight kids everywhere just at the top of their lungs loud (and I have teenagers so I'm not being fuddly about it). They were running around playing football and screaming to throw the passes - nothing at all harmful or scary - just freakin LOUD for it to go on well past midnight. Actually after the football kids mostly checked out it was tour groups of girls being loud (again they were just outside talking and yelling to each other). I don't know if they stay in the other All Star resorts besides Sports but I'm guessing they do. As much as I love Disney - I'd stay off-site finding a room for 5 before I'd stay at All Stars again with that level of noise.

I really do think it is luck of the draw however when it comes to the rooms. If you're willing to roll with it then you may want to check about the Pop Warner dates...it might actually be a quieter time between the insanity of Pop Warner and the Christmas rush.

We always stay at the values. They are clean, small, convenient and cheap with the onsite experience and perks. We have done them all multiple times now. We prefer Sports because it's the smallest and more convenient to the lobby from a non preferred room.

We have stayed here and are doing so again in October. We found that by staying in the Mighty Ducks building you are really close to ASMu main building and bus stop so we just used their buses and food court! Preferred location without the fee !:ssst:

We stayed there last October and loved it! We'd stay there again. Only negative - the coffee at the food court is among the worst I've ever had! But I still drank it because, you know, addiction.

We thought it was clean and appeared updated. I believe they did a big Reno around 2011.

The bolded is true not only of All Star Movies, but of every Disney resort I've stayed at. That's why Starbucks in the parks is always so busy.

I've stayed at all three of the AllStars. I prefer Movies. And I can't tell you why! I just like it better. I have an Owners Locker that I keep a coffee maker in! I hate having to go the food court to get coffee. I want to make coffee before I shower than have it ready when I'm done.
Looking forward to being back at Movies in two months!!

we will be staying here in August. Looking to follow for any info. Is there anything we should bring with us as a convenience?
Also has anyone used the amazon delivery for snacks to the all star movie?

All Star Resort Tips:

1) Rooms feature double beds.
2) Non-preferred rooms can be a hike for some.
3) Morning breakfast in the food court can be chaotic.
4) No coffee pots/microwaves in rooms. There is a fridge.
5) Rooms may be considered small to those who are accustomed to moderate/deluxe style rooms. Consider packing organizers for the room to place belongings in. There is plenty of space in the sink area and by the front door.
6) Room features 1 small table with 2 chairs.
7) Pools will be crowded during the day. Pools do not have slides.
8) Do not feel shy about asking to have room features fixed. On one trip a light bulb was out, so we requested to have it fixed.
9) For less noise/traffic, request a room on the 3rd floor if possible and towards the back of the building (away from central walkway/pool area).
10) If you must budget but cannot afford prefer rooms, consider staying at All Star Sports, which has the closest non-preferred rooms to the main building.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:
Here are the "main" Group Months at The All-Stars:

January-early May----Cheer/Dance Season
January/February/July----The 15s Season
Early December----Pop Warner Super Bowl:)

I was there in May and it was great! I have multiple stays at each of the values and Movies never disappoints!

this helps me feel a bit better. this is just a short trip and my daughter is bringing her bf(hasn't been to all the parks and only MK when he was like 10). first trip in awhile that we are flying so I am not able to bring the extras that we usually do, not doing dining plan for the short trip either but wil purchase the refill mugs and the refil popcorn. heard about Pop warner as my cousins have played it for years and are from Orlando area, pretty sure that we will miss it because free dining was available for rthe days we had planned(didn't get it though)

I'll be there around the same time. (tacking on a solo stay after a family stay offsite) I've stayed at all levels and I find the AllStars to be a great place to stay. In fact the reason I'm at ASMo is that I canceled my previous reservations since the discounts were dismal this year and I just decided to go with a budget resort and add a day of vacation and a MVMCP ticket! I enjoyed my prior stay at Movies so I was happy to move down to a preferred room there from my Moderate reservation.

I'm solo so the double beds don't bother me, single sink not an issue, smaller room is just the right size.
I have a travel unit that makes boiling water really quickly so I make my own coffee (Trader Joe's and Starbucks have great 'instant' options) or I do iced coffee.
I'm not a pool person.
I'm a park commando

The only thing I might worry about is the PopWarner group should be finishing up that weekend so you might get some teams who didn't make the playoffs in the parks. However I don't think they use Movies for the teams and Movies was not included in the FreeDining offer (probably why there is availability there) so the resort shouldn't be too bad.

We have stayed here and are doing so again in October. We found that by staying in the Mighty Ducks building you are really close to ASMu main building and bus stop so we just used their buses and food court! Preferred location without the fee !:ssst:

I didn't think about this! I have a standard room booked at ASMovies in May and have requested Mighty Ducks. Thanks for the tip!

The bolded is true not only of All Star Movies, but of every Disney resort I've stayed at. That's why Starbucks in the parks is always so busy.

Can't beat the values for saving money and I love the decor - fun and bright. My only beef with the values is the paper-thin walls, but it all depends upon your neighbors. We've had good ones and bad ones - luck of the draw.

We were just there in May - definitely no coffeepots. We always tote our own mini 4-cup coffeemaker and starbucks. This Dec, it'll be their christmas blend - :love:

If OP is checking in the 10th (Sun), wouldn't almost all the pop warner crowds be likely checking out that day? Comp ends Sat (9th), so figure they're in the parks for one last night sat, but wouldn't most parents want them back in school the following week, since they missed a week already and holidays are another 1-2 weeks away?

We're considering around same timeframe and actually thought that 2nd week would be good for above reasons, so would be interested in any opinions. POP is a lot pricier this year, so would rather stay at All Stars.

(To bookgirl: they advertise that they use all three of the all-star resorts...including movies. Wondering if there's any way to know for sure?)

This is from thier site and yep all the All Stars are included.

• A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney's All-Star Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at these select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels*.
This is technically last years offering. I don't see this years offered yet. I think their season starts next month. But I imagine it will be similar if not the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!