Really Tired of lack of Communication!

steves100

DIS Veteran
I have had it with DVC. Not sure why they cant send an email out to let DVC members know about events.

Had to get lucky to hear about the Moonlight Magic for 2018. Will be on property in January when Magic Kingdom event happens and would NEVER had been able to register.

WHY CANT THEY SEND EMAIL to notify their members?????

This happens with every event including specials for DCL. Disboards is the only way to hear about alot of events : )

I have had it with DVC. Not sure why they cant send an email out to let DVC members know about events.

Had to get lucky to hear about the Moonlight Magic for 2018. Will be on property in January when Magic Kingdom event happens and would NEVER had been able to register.

This happens with every event including specials for DCL. Disboards is the only way to hear about alot of events : )
They actually did send out an email with all the information yesterday. This is why people on disboards have been chatting about it. Might be worth it to contact member services to make sure you are set up to receive all emails. Sorry you didn't get it! It's a good thing disboards is here!

They actually did send out an email with all the information yesterday. This is why people on disboards have been chatting about it. Might be worth it to contact member services to make sure you are set up to receive all emails. Sorry you didn't get it! It's a good thing disboards is here!
I have called them nultiple times about this, never changes

Do you only get emails if you purchased direct? Are you only to attend these events if purchased direct?

Do you get email confirmation of your reservations? I do within a few hours of making the reservation. Do you check your junk mail? Do you have something blocked?

Do you only get emails if you purchased direct? Are you only to attend these events if purchased direct?
You should get emails, for instance, your reservation should be confirmed for DVC stays.

Attendance does require being eligible.

You should not purchase or add on a real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort in reliance upon the continued availability or renewal or extension of these offers. These offers may only be available to Members at various times and may or may not be renewed or extended. Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block–out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who do not purchase an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

I am the same. I have all the email permissions checked in our account. I receive confirmation emails after booking and the annual condo meeting notice but have never received DVC emails about special events. I also never receive DCL or WDW promo emails. I always just assumed because I'm in Canada it blocks out the sending of certain emails.

That's frustrating! Wonder why some receive it and some don't. Like the mysteries of Disney IT and the DVC website working....we may never know :(
It’s probably getting trapped by a relay server somewhere. When you send out high volume emails, stuff gets caught if you don’t whitelist it with some isp’s.

I am the same. I have all the email permissions checked in our account. I receive confirmation emails after booking and the annual condo meeting notice but have never received DVC emails about special events. I also never receive DCL or WDW promo emails. I always just assumed because I'm in Canada it blocks out the sending of certain emails.
Same situation here and I figured the same reason. I asked MS the other day when I happened to be on the phone with them and they couldn't explain...said it's best to check the member events section every couple of weeks. I follow enough sites and groups to know what's going on (often before the emails go out) but it would still be nice to receive the emails.

It’s probably getting trapped by a relay server somewhere. When you send out high volume emails, stuff gets caught if you don’t whitelist it with some isp’s.

This. I handle some tech support for a web product and I get a steady flow of inquiries from people who don't get verification emails. If my mail server shows the message going out, it's out of my hands. I can't force it into your mailbox if it's being filtered by your ISP, mail server or desktop spam protection software.

To anyone having these problems, try setting up a free account at Gmail or something similar. You could even create your own relay if you wish. Have the Gmail account forward to your preferred mailbox, so the message goes:

Disney ---> Gmail ---> Desired mailbox

Or just add the Gmail account to your smartphone's mail program. You don't ever have to give out the address or send messages from it...just use it for random notifications and newsletter subscriptions. Consider it a throwaway. If the Gmail ever starts attracting a high volume of spam, delete it and create a new one.

Lastly, the information was also posted on the Disney parks blog, official DVC Facebook page, and at least one pretty reliable third-party site. ;)

Many of the events are paid for by DVD and may be considered a sales inducement thus they are restricted from sending emails to unregistered locations. There is legal wording that they are required to include at the bottom of the emails I think.

:earsboy: Bill

We are in Canada as well and receive all of the promotional emails, so I don’t think that’s the case...however, I know that Bell can be very finicky with regards to filtering- perhaps if you have Bell service, it’s worth some investigation?

We recently bought DVC my wife, daughter and I are all on the contract. My wife and I have registered for our cards. Both email address’ are mine. But I can tell you I get different emails from Disney to both accounts. Some emails are the same, but one account gets more emails with deals. Noticed this with the cyber Monday and cyber week offers.

We are in Canada as well and receive all of the promotional emails, so I don’t think that’s the case...however, I know that Bell can be very finicky with regards to filtering- perhaps if you have Bell service, it’s worth some investigation?

Some areas in Canada they are allowed to sell to, others they are not.

:earsboy: Bill

I agree with the tech support guy above. Each ISP and relay server has different rules for filtering spam. Some ISPs will not forward mail from a site if they see an abnormal number of messages, such as a mass mailing (announcements). Reliable emailing is a hard thing to do for most organizations whose specialty is not mail.

There are parts of Disney who have solved this problem, but they are probably related to a sales organization and also farm it out to companies who handle mass mailing as a business.

Time to check that DVC has your correct email address and that any spam filters you may have on your email account isn't blocking DVC. I regularly get emails from them about special events and (of course) adding on.

We are with Rogers, I've inquired with them but of course they have no idea. For some reason any emails about promos/specials/events just don't come through while others (like booking confirmations) are okay. May just be the wording that my ISP doesn't like.

This thread motivated me to call DVC member services, as I get reservation confirmation emails from them, but did not get the member event one on Tuesday. I was told that they are sent from two separate accounts, and are treated differently by Disney. In the past, I probably signed up for something like a NCAA tournament bracket through ESPN and then opted out of promotional emails. Because ESPN is owned by Disney, this opted me out of all Disney promotional emails, not just from ESPN.
The person I spoke with told me that they look into those sorts of settings and can turn them back on at my request. Now I get to look forward to member service updates...as well as 14 ESPN emails a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter