"Ready Are You?" - Maintaining Rebel Challenge Legacy - A Continuous Journal - Update 5/29

Wow. You had a rough December. But I'm crossing my fingers for you that you'll be able to complete the light side half! Corral G is a great head start, especially if you're at the front of the corral.

Wow! What a December! Stay positive and stay active until the Star Wars light side! You CAN do this!!!

Oh, I'm being about as positive as I can be about it all. Getting sick didn't help either. I have gone on the bike some at least - I did attempt to run yesterday but my cough did not allow that to go over well.

Wow. You had a rough December. But I'm crossing my fingers for you that you'll be able to complete the light side half! Corral G is a great head start, especially if you're at the front of the corral.

December was rough. Fall 2016 was just rough in general. I'm hoping I finish as well! I'm really happy I'm in G so I have that bonus time to get it completed - especially since this course is so flat which will help as well. If my cough is gone by Saturday/Sunday - I'm going to attempt to at least complete 9 miles so I have something going into the weekend!

Well good luck this weekend and safe travels next week! I'll be in G for the half also so I'll say Hi if I see you! No idea what corral I'll be in for the 10k. Wish they would release that!

Well good luck this weekend and safe travels next week! I'll be in G for the half also so I'll say Hi if I see you! No idea what corral I'll be in for the 10k. Wish they would release that!

Thank you! So ready for Tuesday morning! I'm planning on being a couple rows back from the front of G as I know I'm going to be a bit slower I rather the fast people be on the line. It worked out well for me at Wine & Dine! I'm guessing D for the 10K but I could be wrong! Only 4 more days until we know for sure!

I'm feeling better about the half now. I was able to run 8 miles today without too much trouble. If I can make it that far - I should be fine to walk the rest in worst case!

Thank you! So ready for Tuesday morning!
I'm feeling better about the half now. I was able to run 8 miles today without too much trouble. If I can make it that far - I should be fine to walk the rest in worst case!
Super exciting! I'm glad you had a good run today! You've got this! I'm exciting about PHM weekend and my first challenge but I'm having a love hate with running at the moment! Ugh! I guess we all go through it at one point? I had such a great W&D half that I'm hoping I have a repeat but with my knee bugging me I'm having doubts. I start my cross training back up tomorrow after a holiday hiatus so I'm hoping that does the trick too. I know I can go the distance but it's the cross training that I feel that helps improve the outcome.

Have a great trip to Cali! Safe travels! Looking forward to hearing about it and seeing great pics!!

If you did 8 no problem then you're good to go!!!! 8 is actually my magic number lately. I know I can run that far without my IT band bothering me. After that I can walk it in if need be!

Super exciting! I'm glad you had a good run today! You've got this! I'm exciting about PHM weekend and my first challenge but I'm having a love hate with running at the moment! Ugh! I guess we all go through it at one point? I had such a great W&D half that I'm hoping I have a repeat but with my knee bugging me I'm having doubts. I start my cross training back up tomorrow after a holiday hiatus so I'm hoping that does the trick too. I know I can go the distance but it's the cross training that I feel that helps improve the outcome.

Have a great trip to Cali! Safe travels! Looking forward to hearing about it and seeing great pics!!

That love/hate thing with running...yeah I know all about that. Mine has been going on for a while now. Hope your cross training is going well!

If you did 8 no problem then you're good to go!!!! 8 is actually my magic number lately. I know I can run that far without my IT band bothering me. After that I can walk it in if need be!

Well - I'm glad I did my 8 as it did help me out for knowing I could finish. Seeing as I had to walk the half, at least my body could handle it!

Have a great trip!! And have fun during the races! :)

It was such a great trip! I did enjoy them! Took a lot more photos this time around as well!

May the force be with you & have fun!

Thank you! We had a great trip!

January 2017 Training Update

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 9.16.09 PM.png

January 2017 Mileage: 29.78

I was still sick at the beginning of the month. That didn’t stop me from going to 1500 South with 2 of my girlfriends and enjoying an amazing brunch at 1500 South (Art Smith’s Naples restaurant)

J3G0Z8A.jpg

WaTmH0u.jpg

I also went to Fit2Run to pick up ankle braces just in case!

rIfAOCs.jpg

When I attempted to run on January 3rd, it wasn’t pretty. I hadn’t coughed a ton at work so I thought I was going to be ok but I apparently I was wrong. I kept having horrible coughing fits once I started to run and thus had to slow down.

Beach Yoga was awesome though on the 4th, even with the coughing! I mean look at the sunset (and my cartwheel in sinking sand!)

Th8FFpa.jpg

jGFqxL7.jpg

Dis_Yoda Cartwheel in Sinking Sand!

And my goal of wanting to run on the 5th went away as I coughed to the point I got sick. I was crossing my fingers that it would clear up before Disneyland in a few days!

I was able to complete 8 miles on Sunday morning at least! That made me feel better about the Rebel Challenge coming up.

My trip report for the trip is here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...nuary-2017-rebel-challenge-more-1-28.3565065/

I’ll post my full race recaps here when I get to that point in my trip report just to make it easier in my mind. But I finished them both despite well, not thinking I was going to finish the half especially considering how the morning started out at 2:30AM!

I took the week after the race to relax. My salt cave yoga was amazing, especially since one of my friends I’ve met here through the boards was in town visiting her family and joined me!

8MGIfJx.jpg

QlgazaQ.jpg

My ankle was still feeling weak so I took another week off running but I did go to Sunset Yoga that Wednesday! My run on that Sunday did go well, although it was short!

7iYBnkr.jpg

The last weekend of the month, my husband sent me this link:

http://semi-rad.com/2017/01/i-hate-running/

It seems to ring true for both of us!

I have an appointment with the podiatrist on Feb 3rd to discuss my ongoing ankle problems.​

Hello friend! It seems like forever! Breakfast looks amazing. Yoga awesome. Loved the article! Ankle, poo...I hope your appt goes well.

Following along. I am jealous of your cartwheel. One day I'll figure out how to get my backside over my head.

Hello friend! It seems like forever! Breakfast looks amazing. Yoga awesome. Loved the article! Ankle, poo...I hope your appt goes well.

Surgery is scheduled for May 12th! Now just to figure out what exactly is happening then.

I'm going to put this behind spoiler's tags as I'm not sure people want to see it but here's the inside of my foot! What I'm hoping is that that the black line on the Tibia isn't a stress fracture or this might change things. I think I can also tell the tendons that are torn now. At least I know now that I have a decent amount of padding on the heel of my foot!

7Z7Pfsv.jpg

YcM4xCd.jpg

W945UEo.jpg

cmigG6i.jpg

Following along. I am jealous of your cartwheel. One day I'll figure out how to get my backside over my head.

Cartwheels are all about being confident. Its probably one of the few things I have engrained in me for

It's been awhile since I've read MRIs but I'm glad you have a surgery date and can get this taken care of! Hopefully it's not going to interfere with to much!

Star Wars 10K - Start

One of the reasons I love Disneyland Races over WDW Races is the fact that I get to wake up at 3:30AM instead of 2:30AM to go run! I realize it isn’t much of a difference when it is that early in the morning but for me, its enough! The time difference between the West Coast & East Coast also helps here. My husband woke up about 10 minutes after I did.

hkPW61n.jpg

Husband Pre-Race

AiW1Brz.jpg

Dis_Yoda Pre-Race

He wasn’t heading to the corrals yet so I left him behind and headed to the corrals in my poncho for warmth as I was going to be in the front! Well, he left moments later and met up with me. He got a photo of my awesome poncho!

CfVHoy1.jpg

u7ABlWu.jpg

And then the corrals opened. I gave him a kiss and he headed towards A and I headed to E to hang out while until the start of the race. I chatted with some random people like usual and passed the time. After 5:30AM and Corral A & B went off - we finally were slowly lead towards the start line. We got here the announcer’s beat boxing like Yoda and other Star Wars characters.

WgB2JEj.jpg

At the front!

JyVaVkr.jpg

Start Line

The race started alright for me! I felt fine and was able to keep my intervals going well.

cz1xQhH.jpg

Mile 1

Excuse my horrible photos!

4xEUuRk.jpg

C3PO

I just love how pretty Paradise Pier is in the morning.

bYm9emk.jpg

Paradise Pier

PtL7fBk.jpg

Paradise Pier Selfie

This annoyed me. There were like 15 of these signs on the course. Do you really think that people running a Star Wars race aren’t aware they can own the DVDs by now?

koaXHWh.jpg

No, I didn’t know I could own the Star Wars DVDS - I totally needed to be told over a dozen times DIsney

Q6QTOxJ.jpg

Tie Fighter Wing

My awful Photopass photos!

QVfcJFD.jpg

No, I didn’t See You Mr. Photopass

WeDnhwz.jpg

Marquee

Around this marquee, I ran into @kristie101 with her daughter while they were running. It was nice to finally put a face to the name!

PnBT1RV.jpg

Mile 2

vouWDQU.jpg
QhNU0Ht.jpg

Mile 3

The line for BB8 was long!

BCXCyAA.jpg
3YmK72W.jpg

Bad BB8 Photo

Around the time I saw BB8, my husband had texted me as he was already finished and back in the room. I checked my phone to respond to him and started texted him back. I got to then deal with a jerk who was like “that must be really important” I mean, seriously? I was catty back to him as well, my husband is important enough - I’m not running Disney to break records anyway.​

Star Wars 10K - Finish

After the 5K mark, we headed into DIsneyland for the second half of the race. They had Kylo Ren out in Tomorrowland!

ZZ7QyUj.jpg

Kylo Ren

HcPD7F3.jpg

Stormtroopers

6URLyEu.jpg

Running by Small World

BL6fgTL.jpg

Mile 4

Going through the castle was also nice!

kzLVDEW.jpg

Castle

I stopped for 1 photo. A cast member took this for me since there wasn’t a photopass person around.

wKF4Kbz.jpg

I pushed the Red Button

f79q6Fs.jpg

Captain Phasma

IvP4UVu.jpg

Train Station

And then we were done with the parks!

Euvr3BL.jpg

Mile 5

4I4GsPb.jpg

Mile 6

After Mile 6, two of my friends from these boards were passing me. I ended up finishing the race with them!

My husband was on the sidelines when I passed by Disneyland Hotel to cheer me on. It was a nice energy boost to see him there!

x7xRKmR.jpg

Finish

So looking at my watch for the finish versus my official results. I’m not sure how to judge this race. I know I weaved more than usual but did I really gain 2 miles in a 6.2 mile race? My Garmin has usually been pretty dead on though. Oh well! Who knows?

I headed back to the room to get cleaned up and enjoy my snack box while I soaked in the tub. There is no better way to enjoy post race!

oXE1Ed5.jpg

Snack Box

OK7m496.jpg

Snack Box Enjoyment Set Up

There were like 15 of these signs on the course. Do you really think that people running a Star Wars race aren’t aware they can own the DVDs by now?
Strange signs, maybe somebody ordered 20 when it should have been 2, but yeah kind of pointless to put out.

I got to then deal with a jerk who was like “that must be really important” I mean, seriously?
You should have said "yes, I'm texting the Emperor".

I know I weaved more than usual but did I really gain 2 miles in a 6.2 mile race?
You were doing some hyperspace jumping for those extra 2 miles.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Great pics! For some reason, my photopass pictures didn't turn out as well as my Tink ones did. Money saved (no AP for me)! I didn't notice those DVD signs, weird! I guess they want you to own all the different versions: dvd, DVD+blue ray, steel book, 3D .... :P

Strange signs, maybe somebody ordered 20 when it should have been 2, but yeah kind of pointless to put out.

You should have said "yes, I'm texting the Emperor".

You were doing some hyperspace jumping for those extra 2 miles.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Maybe they did order too many of them! Lots of us on the course were making comments as it seemed silly.

That comment would have been perfect!

I've never gained that much during a race before! It was crazy.

Great pics! For some reason, my photopass pictures didn't turn out as well as my Tink ones did. Money saved (no AP for me)! I didn't notice those DVD signs, weird! I guess they want you to own all the different versions: dvd, DVD+blue ray, steel book, 3D .... :P

My photopass photos are always horrible especially in comparison to my husband. Since they were free for us (VIP package), we downloaded them. We have an AP at WDW so we get those race ones for free now!

Star Wars Half Marathon - The Start

The alarm was set for 3:30AM but I woke up earlier than that around 2:30AM with a stomach that was not happy. I ate a banana to see if that would help and shortly after, I spent the next 20 minutes emptying my stomach of all contents. I felt like utter crap. My husband had woke up during this and we had a talk. I had no idea if I should even attempt the race today. We ended up deciding on me at least trying since otherwise I would lose legacy and the fact I was in Corral G meant I had at least a 30 minute buffer between the balloon ladies and me. This meant I should be able to just walk the half. I wasn’t even sure I should do this though. My stubbornness won through though and I was going to attempt it. We left the room at 3:30AM and on our way to the corrals, my husband stopped by the RunDisney Merch tent and discovered they had the pre-order jacket for sale! He bought one and at that point we said goodbye. He was going to take it back to the room and then head to his corral. I’m glad he got his jacket!

udE9iGp.jpg

Husband Pre-Race

JhSwe7j.jpg
jTkARcr.jpg

Dis_Yoda Pre-Race

In my corral, I met my first really bold corral jumper. I even called him out on it to which he said he was confused and was going to go back to the right one. He didn’t. He tried to hide from me after I called him out. RunDisney got an email from me about him. I wasn’t feeling good and being angry at him distracted me!

jPwLzzt.jpg

I was right at the front right of my corral.

1gDabV9.jpg

hTjgF3d.jpg

I saw a friend while she was entering the corral at 5:20am.

xWLxezd.jpg

After the initial corrals were off, we made our way towards the front

rd8sYKc.jpg

When Corral G went off, I still wasn’t feeling hot. I hadn’t eaten anything else since my visit with the porcelain god and I was scared to do my normal routine as I didn’t want to get sick during my very long walk. As the corral start is major crowded, I did jog a bit for the first quarter mile until it spread out more. I found the sign in Cars Land to be really appropriate for me!

76RJH6N.jpg

And slowly I reached Mile 1 and onto Paradise Pier! They had this area more guarded today probably as the way they had it set up for the 10K would have made it really easy for someone to course jump.

oIPpXLu.jpg

VMum8zq.jpg

saIaDZV.jpg

Star Wars Rebels

As we went towards Hollywood Studios, I was really happy to see what they had on the Marquee! Very appropriate!

J2IWaIb.jpg
EfymHsI.jpg

Then it was Mile 2 & 3! I got the text message as I went over the 5K marker that my pace was at 18:17. Not bad considering I was walking!

LXIWZN4.jpg

r7dQC7V.jpg

It was time to go through Tomorrowland & the Castle! My photopass photos show how ‘happy’ I was. I actually did a side by side comparison of my castle photos on instagram. I look so pale during the half! I still hadn’t had a single gu yet as I was scared to take it. I was getting powerade and water at each water stop though to keep myself going.

khnxH2p.jpg

RZ2kmMN.jpg

3ShPavz.png

IFoF0ho.jpg

Mile 4

After we left the parks, a fellow runner started talking to me. I think the struggle was on my face and she was nervous as it was her first half marathon as she was also walking. We chatted for a while and kept trying to keep going. We hit Mile 5!

QM5k330.jpg

Shortly before I hit the 6 Mile Mark, I got a message that my husband had finished in 2 hours & 10 Minutes. So about 10 minutes slower than his goal but come to find out - he stopped for a photo and decided to enjoy the race! He said it made him enjoy the race more! He just wished he would have decided to stop for characters before Chewbacca. Maybe next year since well, it will be a week after the marathon so he may just want to be slow and use it as a recovery run.

UgA35jL.jpg

He looks so happy!

A little before Mile 6, I finally took a single gu to see how it would work out for me. I think because my body had already used whatever was left in my system, it was immediately used up once it hit my stomach. We hit Mile 6 and I crossed the 10K marker at at 18:24 pace

1YHj793.jpg

Around this time, my temporary running friend was moving faster than I was. She kept on going and I just kept walking along​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!