Read lots of bad reports - is this true?

My family stayed at Aulani the last week of June this year in a 2 BR Pool view. The room was very clean and ready for us at the check in time.
We've been to Aulani five times-the resort and rooms have always been clean for our stays.

I will admit that I have very high hotel standards. I like nice accommodations and that’s one reason we bought DVC nearly 20 years ago. We visited Aulani in March and it was dreamy. We were in a ocean. Kew
Deluxe studio and it was amazing. Very clean. Exceeded all my expectations. Highly ranked in my book.

I just came back from mid-August 2022 trip to Aulani plus I was there say timeframe in 2021. I stayed in a studio both trips. The rooms were very clean with blankets and comforters on the beds plus extra sheets and pillows for the sofa. The trash was emptied every day by housekeeping. The only cleaning hiccups were on my 2021 trip were infrequent trash pickup plus the slow clog shower drain but maintenance fixed it promptly the next day.

We were there beginning of July, over the 4th in a 2BR ocean view as a DVC member (first time as members, but have been four other times as cash). Absolutely no complaints about the room, cleanliness or otherwise. Looked exactly like it always has.

I think there is a concerted effort against waste and the need to turn over the number of rooms they do with some more limited staff. We did notice that there weren't nearly as many people working there in all areas than we have seen in previous years. So, they don't overstock things like soap/shampoo like they have in the past, but we just kept track and asked for more when we saw housekeeping or called to the front desk. Everything was brought quickly, usually within 10-15 minutes.

We'll be staying at Aulani for the first time in Jan '23, and I was really excited until I read a TON of negative trip reviews on a a travel site. Many of these reports were from this June and July.

One of the repeating complaints is that rooms are dirty when you arrive. Bathrooms not clean, not vacuumed, ovens still have old food on them, etc. As a DVC member, I know housekeeping only come in to replenish items and towels, but I expect a clean room when we arrive. Has anyone recently experienced rooms not cleaned?

Also, many people said there are no blankets or comforters on the beds, just sheets, and there weren't extra sheets, pillows or covers for pull-out sofas.

I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm these problems, or put my mind at ease that these things simply aren't true!
Just got back after 8 days at Aulani. Stayed in a 1-bedroom and studio over those 8 days. Could not have been any happier with the room cleanliness, both were perfect. Didn't use a blanket so cannot comment on that.

Stayed mid July and no such issues in our one bedroom. Thought it also looked less worn than Riviera did in November 2021 - only two years old - and this is 10 years.

The darker wood may conceal chips, etc but it was clean and looked in lovely shape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter