RCL - Pre cruise purchases?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
So with Disney we will normally get a magnet for the cruise, get a locator card for the ship, ect.

Wondering if there is anything like those for RCL? Its our first RCL to Alaska this summer.

Additionally its my parents first ever cruise so I thought a locator card would be helpful but I can't seem to find anything for the Quantum of the Seas. Do we possibly get a bunch of ducks to hide around the ship?

No you will not get a magnet, locator card or ducks to hide. People do bring their own magnets to put on their stateroom door. They also bring their own ducks to hide. Not sure what the locator card is but but you can use a form of their WiFi to communicate by texts with other members of your party. Just make sure your phone is in airplane mode first. You may think you are not getting the perks you get with Disney but you also are not paying 3 times the price like with Disney. Happy Cruising

My very first cruise I got a little card with a map on it. Never gotten anything like it since. However Royal does have an app that you can see the ship on, I believe it works without needing to pay for a package. They also have screens you can use to see where you are and how to get where you want to go.

Not sure what you mean by magnets though. I mean I buy a post card or a magnet of the ship most times, you can usually find them in the gift shop.

Sorry didn't mean RCL gives them to me. I mean I purchase them before the cruise.

Like ducks are good example of a fun way to start off a cruise hiding them all.
The only ducks we have seen on a cruise are the ones someone brought aboard and hid. I have seen them for purchase onboard. The App that hdrolfe mentioned above is also how you will complete your mandatory muster drill and Health questionnaire, so be sure to download assuming you will be using a smart phone) it for your trip. You complete and submit the Health questionnaire the day before embarkation and you can complete the muster drill steps the morning of embarkation before you even get to the ship then once onboard after making your dining/show reservations proceed to your assigned muster location (designated on your boarding pass and the App also shows you where your muster station is located on the ship) and show the CM your phone as proof you have completed the required steps and they will check your cabin off as complete. Happy Cruising

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter