Ray Feeding vs. Seaventure

WonderKid

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide between ray feeding and seaventure. Both look to be great experiences, but quite different.

If you have participated in either, I am interested in learning about your experience.

Last edited:
Still hoping for some replies from those who have had these experiences...until then, here is what I have found.

Ray feeding is uber early in the morning (not a problem for my crew), only appears to be offered once per day, and seems to get a small turn out (probably because most folks don't want to get up early). I like the idea of this experience, because we missed out on a similar type experience on a cancelled trip to sting ray city in Cayman Islands. The likely low turn out means more one on one time with trainers and rays. I also like that the "pre-park-opening" timing of this experience, which means we can maximize time pursuing other activities throughout the day.

Seaventure seems like a really cool underwater experience with several touchy-feely interactions with a variety of aquatic creatures. Not sure my crew would be up for the touchy-feely with several of the sea creatures I've seen on videos of this experience on YouTube. This looks to be a more popular excursion, and takes place during park hours.

I am leaning heavily toward Ray Feeding at this time. Still welcome any feedback.

Was there earlier this month, going back soon (whee!). Working my SW AP discount for my adult children/families :)

Not sure if it's your first visit or not, but even as a repeat visitor, the day just flies past. Especially if you spend any length of time in the snorkle lagoon. Note that you will see many rays when snorkeling My one son referred to them as plentiful as pigeons lol.

DC is great but in no way can it be compared to the Stingray City experience IMO. YMMV.

If you do either of the add-ons, make sure to come back & share your experience.

Have fun planning your trip.

We did the ray feeding and I will definitely do it again. You get a lot of interaction time and then get let into the reef early. First they pair your group up with a trainer who feeds a BIG ray and brings it so you can pet it. Then they take you to the smaller normal sized rays and you get to feed them your self. It was a blast. Hint-If they are still doing the photo package make sure no one in your group swims off or he won’t be in the pics, we have lots of pics of Jim’s feet.

Have fun.

If you do the ray feeding which is before the park opens when do you get your time for the dolphin swim? do you still get breakfast?

You've probably already been by now... but, if not... we have not done stingray but we have done everything in Orlando almost -- ultimate thrill tour at Disney, private tour at Universal... and my 11-year-old's favorite thing EVER in his LIFE he said was doing the Seaventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!