Random question

Pinocchio #1 Fan

Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!
My wife and I are taking our 2nd cruise next year, and have an odd question that a veteran cruiser may know the answer to.

Our cruise is paid off. How soon will be able to load gift cards onto our on-board account? Can we do that ahead pf time, or do we physically bring them on board with us, and then load them to our account?

My wife and I are taking our 2nd cruise next year, and have an odd question that a veteran cruiser may know the answer to.

Our cruise is paid off. How soon will be able to load gift cards onto our on-board account? Can we do that ahead pf time, or do we physically bring them on board with us, and then load them to our account?
You can purchase onboard credit at any time. You can do so via the In-Room gifts link on the DCL website (pre-cruise). OR you can just take the cards to Guest Services once onboard and have them applied to your onboard account.

One thing, whichever way you do it, keep hold of the cards. If there's any left over, it will be credited back to the gift cards, in reverse order they were applied.

You can purchase onboard credit at any time. You can do so via the In-Room gifts link on the DCL website (pre-cruise). OR you can just take the cards to Guest Services once onboard and have them applied to your onboard account.

One thing, whichever way you do it, keep hold of the cards. If there's any left over, it will be credited back to the gift cards, in reverse order they were applied.

And if you have a lot, do EVERYONE (yourself, the person on the phone, and/or the person at guest services - not to mention the people behind you) a HUGE favor. Go to disneygiftcard.com and combine them into as few as possible. I believe you can put $1000 or $1500 on one card and can have up to 5 cards registered.

You can only load $1000 onto one card.

But you can have 5 cards on one account ergo $5000. And 5 cards is a LOT easier to deal with than 100 (assuming $50 gift cards). For EVERYONE!

I just did this last weekend for our upcoming cruise! I'd received a few gift cards for Christmas and remembered, now that we're paid in full, to put the gift cards on our account. DCL will be happy to apply the gift cards at on-board credit over the phone before you sail. It's done as a gift or amenity, even if you're the one giving yourself the money, so when you embark there will be a card in your room remind you how much you put on your account and saying it's from "us" to "us" ;) They do recommend that you keep the gift cards until the end of your sailing in the event that the OBC needs to be refunded.

I'll mention again, that my experience from May 2017 differs. I went and applied gift cards to my onboard account at guest services. They told me that left over funds would not be returned to the gift card, it would be returned to the Credit Card on file. We had some monies left over and indeed, the funds were returned to my card on file. I do not know if this was a 1 off or what this would mean to those on a cash only account. Just reporting my experience.

I just did this last weekend for our upcoming cruise! I'd received a few gift cards for Christmas and remembered, now that we're paid in full, to put the gift cards on our account. DCL will be happy to apply the gift cards at on-board credit over the phone before you sail. It's done as a gift or amenity, even if you're the one giving yourself the money, so when you embark there will be a card in your room remind you how much you put on your account and saying it's from "us" to "us" ;) They do recommend that you keep the gift cards until the end of your sailing in the event that the OBC needs to be refunded.

Definitely keep the cards. I was just on the shortened Fantasy cruise and our friends had paid their voyage with Disney gift cards. The refund from Disney went back on the gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter