• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Raising Money ?

nicki dahling

CyndiAKADisneyqueen<br><font color=deeppink> I can
We are a one income family , and hubby is spending a lot of his overtime money on our upcoming trip to Disney for Christmas . The " teens ' and I have been saving change in a jar for PS reservations . We hope to eat at Ohana's ( a must for us ) and Chef Mickey's . For the five of us this will take a lot more than we have in our jar . Trying to think of some fast ways to get a little extra change in our pockets ( part time job is not an option at this time ). We are planning a garage sale . Any ideas on how to make this and other options successful ?

I STARTED SELLING THINGS ON EBAY IN FEBURARY AND HAVE MADE 888.00, NOT SELLING ANYTHING MAJOR. BOOKS, CLOTHES, KNICK KNACKS, ETC........ WE ALSO HAVE BEEN DOIN THE CHANGE JAR. I HAVE ALSO GOTTEN SO MANY OTHER IDEAS FROM HERE. WE ARE ALSO A 1 INCOME FAMILY. IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO IT !!!!!

You said you have teen so this may or may not be an idea for you. We take our boys old toys that they don't play with anymore, and sell them to a resale store. There is one here in the Dallas area that isn't a consignment store they just buy your stuff (as long as it is in really good condition) and they sell it. An idea for older kids might be to sell old CD's or video games that they don't listen to or play anymore to a resale store. I know we have had many CD's in the past that we buy and they have one good song on them.

I have also been selling thinks on Ebay and have made almost $1000.00. Just selling small things like clothes, baby items, books, etc. It really is easy. Also have been taking some of my little girl's nicer clothes that she has grown out of to a local consignment shop. Usually get a check at the end of the month from between $10.00 and 40.00. Hope this helps!

I mean big!! Looking forward to seeing what kind of money we can make. We'll see!! The great thing is we are getting rid of stuff that we don't have room for anymore and getting money for it too!

Gotta love it. Only hope we get the crowds on a holiday weekend. If not, heck we can have another one the next weekend!

Annemarie:)

We did so well on our Garage sale, I couldn't believe it. I had mostly toys and clothes, the name brand stuff flew out the door. I make our garage sale our annual vacation fund and I usually do well, this area is very popular with garage sales...I never find anything at them but a lot of folks do. If it's hot sell sodas...we sold 40 cans and 20 bags of chips as well, who would have thought?

We bought a few dozen donuts and will have coffee. (It starts at 7 am.) And we'll send someone out for a soda/chip run when it starts getting hot. (It's a three family deal--- very big). Good ideas. Thanks!

Morning is gonna come too, too early. I'm sure. I'm not quite that much of an early person. My mind doesn't start catching up with the day until around 8:30 or so. (Gave up coffee myself.) So it should be interesting. ---- Especially since I'm in charge of recording/money collecting. Hee hee.

Here's to a profitable day!!

Take care,
Annemarie

The stuff we have will be radios (all sorts), TVs, athletic equipment of all kinds, an old computer, and a wide assortment of 20 years of accumulations from my parent's house, my brother's house, and my house. Attics, garages, sheds, basements, etc. You name it.

Found stuff that I forgot all about in my folks attic. It was fun.

Cya,
Annemarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter