Quick Service Pros and Cons....

Maggie Marrero

Earning My Ears
Hey all, I need a second opinion....

My husband and I are doing a split reservation 4 nights at one hotel with family and then 4 more nights at our DVC home. We have DDP for the first four nights and now are deciding if we want to even do a dining plan for the rest of the trip.

Both of us have been on a calorie and portion controlled diet for the better part of 4 months and we are finding that we simply don't eat like we used to. We eat smaller meals and snacks.

I was thinking about doing the Quick Service Dining plan so that we had more freedom to split stuff or get smaller meals and then just paying OOP for the 3 table service restaurants we have booked. (AP passholders, so good discounts there)

Do you guys think this is a good plan, or should I just pay OOP for everything and see if that saves me money.

This will be our first time not doing DDP for the whole trip, we always get it, but it's SO MUCH FOOD that I don't think my body can handle that for 8 days straight and there are some QS that we always skip, that I would love to try.

Thanks in advance. I feel like I am severely overthinking this....

Paying for QSDP is generally a bad proposition for adults. It gets more cost-effective when you have kids aged 3-9 on the reservation. I'd suggest just going OOP (or load up gift cards if you want to pre-pay).

I was thinking about doing the Quick Service Dining plan so that we had more freedom to split stuff or get smaller meals and then just paying OOP for the 3 table service restaurants we have booked. (AP passholders, so good discounts there)

If you have 3 TS meals planned, that means you'll be using come QS credits for breakfast. Unless you're going to BoG, using a QS credit for breakfast is losing money. Each QS credit is "worth" about $18. Will you spend $18 OOP for the two of you at ANY QS meal? If not, then paying OOP is definitely the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!