Quick Service Alcohol Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another piece of the puzzle:
I just looked at the Petals menu on Touring Plans and it is the same as AllEars. It adds that that Petals has some DDP non-alcoholic beverages that count as snack credits BUT does not participate in the DDP.

???

It participates for snacks but not meals? The smoothies are over $5.50 so they would be a good way to spend a snack credit...if allowed.

I agree with the PP, I would love to hear an actual report from Pop! :sunny:

Here is the link to our menu
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=363

Best you can do here is a snack credit. Because they have no food no chance of using a qs credit and getting alcohol

We're thinking of getting the QSDP for our November trip for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Does anyone have an experience with converting a quick service meal credit into some snack credits and a drink at one of the Epcot festival kiosks (either at the Flower and Garden or the Festival of the Arts)? I'd be especially interested in a reading a dining/trip review of someone who did this and tried to get the most value from their drink credits.

I'm trying to decide if the DDP is worth it or not for us. Looks like dessert is no longer included in a quick service meal, is this correct?

A few have asked, you can not get a drink when you convert to snack credits unless it has a snack credit logo, none of the alcoholic drinks are snack credit eligible.

We're thinking of getting the QSDP for our November trip for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Does anyone have an experience with converting a quick service meal credit into some snack credits and a drink at one of the Epcot festival kiosks (either at the Flower and Garden or the Festival of the Arts)? I'd be especially interested in a reading a dining/trip review of someone who did this and tried to get the most value from their drink credits.

I'm trying to decide if the DDP is worth it or not for us. Looks like dessert is no longer included in a quick service meal, is this correct?

Correct, dessert is no longer included, but you do get TWO snacks per night.

As to using a QS at festival booths, you can get three SNACK items all at the same booth, at the same time, in one transaction. There are no alcoholic selections that qualify for a SNACK credit, so you forfeit the alcoholic portion of the QS when you use it for three snack items.

Look at it this way. You don't gave an alcohol entitlement

You have a qs credit that includes meal and a beverage

If you choose to use the credit on snacks, it's not snacks and a beverage. It is 3 snack credit options. Booze is never a snack

Correct, dessert is no longer included, but you do get TWO snacks per night. As to using a QS at festival booths, you can get three SNACK items all at the same booth, at the same time, in one transaction. There are no alcoholic selections that qualify for a SNACK credit, so you forfeit the alcoholic portion of the QS when you use it for three snack items.

Look at it this way. You don't gave an alcohol entitlement. You have a qs credit that includes meal and a beverage. If you choose to use the credit on snacks, it's not snacks and a beverage. It is 3 snack credit options. Booze is never a snack

Excellent Info. Thank you!

I try to spend over $20 per QS meal credit and over $5 per snack credit for best value on the dining plan. As others have mentioned, 1 meal credit breaks into 3 snack credits at a single F&W booth. You can be strategic and get good value out of that meal credit but it does take some effort.

I am using last year's menus as a guide: Last year, Canada had the fillet with mushrooms, Italy had a calamari dish, New England had the Lobster Roll, and Greece had an octopus dish that were all $8. If you went to *one* of those booths and got 3 of those expensive items, you'd be getting great value for your meal credit. If you don't want three of the same item it might be difficult to spend your credit well. Since I'm traveling in a group of 3 who get a kick out of playing with the DDP credits, this works for us. There are also some booths that normally have several items that are higher-priced and you can get decent value by combining a few different things, but this appears to be the exception rather than the rule. Many items are in the $4.50-$6 range, which is not a great way to spend your QS meal credit.

If you are interested in spending most of your time at F&W and just grazing/not thinking about dollars, the QSDP might not a good choice for you. There are so many factors that can go into this decision.

Last edited:

Is there a link or does anyone know of the QS BREAKFAST spots that allow 'to go' alcoholic beverages? I would totally plan my breakfasts around being able to walk out with an alcoholic beverage!

I was hoping someone else would start this so I didn't have to. But alas, I love booze too much to wait. So here we go.

This is a list of all the quick service locations that offer alcohol with your QS Dining Plan Meals.

Note: Italicized means Confirmed. Strikethrough means Not Eligible.

If I'm missing any, please post and I'll edit the OP. Not too worried about pricing, as they change to frequently.

Also, just curious- Be Our Guest Restaurant serves alcohol, doesn't it? I could have sworn I remember getting drinks or wine there years ago. And if so, would they offer something with the breakfast QS option? :)

Also, just curious- Be Our Guest Restaurant serves alcohol, doesn't it? I could have sworn I remember getting drinks or wine there years ago. And if so, would they offer something with the breakfast QS option? :)
only TS restaurants serve alcohol at MK. At BOG you can get an alcoholic drink for dinner but not breakfast or lunch.

That was my point. There have been some reports that they were NOT allowed to get a bottle of wine or beer with their QS breakfast to save for later.

i don't think they should get to decide if I drink at breakfas
only TS restaurants serve alcohol at MK. At BOG you can get an alcoholic drink for dinner but not breakfast or lunch.

I wish they would add a Mimosa for breakfast.....

Is there a link or does anyone know of the QS BREAKFAST spots that allow 'to go' alcoholic beverages? I would totally plan my breakfasts around being able to walk out with an alcoholic beverage!
I have asked this on the DDP actual experience board because I too have a similar plan in mind.

Thanks for taking the time to do this! We just booked a package that includes the qsdp and this has been very helpful in trying to plan our meal (and drink!) strategy!

At Disney Springs now. Wolfgang Puck Express allows any beer or wine, they do not serve any mixed drinks but we received a very generous pour tonight. I did stop in the Polite Pig and asked what was allowed. I was told anything single serve on the menu and they have lots of cocktails on tap.

I did not think the Polite Pig was on the dining plan. My DH really wants to go there for lunch. Is it QS?
Thanks

Does anyone have experience using a QS credit at Polite Pig? The drink menu is very interesting there!

Yup and it was the best use of a QS Credit we had that week. The food is excellent and they have a large drink selection. One surprise though if you try adding a protein to a salad it's not included even though it would still cost less than many of their included entrees. For example I ordered the $22 Cedar Plank Salmon and it was covered. My wife ordered the Southerner Salad which is $13 and she wanted to add Chicken which they normally charge an extra $5 for bringing it to $18. They wanted to charge us for the Chicken. Strange. That said she got the salad without the chicken and it was huge and tasty.

I'm trying to follow along, and saw that 1st page with the italicized drinks, was last updated 1/29/18. Feb. comments began on p. 4... we're now on p.8. I think someone commented on Backlot Express margaritas being a Yes and I had noticed it wasn't italicized on p.1. Not that I'm complaining - I'm thankful for this post:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter