Quick Service Alcohol Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends who just got back said they tried to order 3 quick services for them (adults) and their 12 yo child with alcohol as he only drinks water, they asked for I.D. for the 3rd drink so they were only able to get the 2 for them

Thanks for the report. That seems kind of lame to me -- under the terms of the program anyone in the party can use any of the credits so who is to say it's not one of the adults using a second counter service credit and just having the child eat some of the food?

In the end, this is just me being a little bit piggish and at most a few dollar issue one way or the other, and certainly not something I'd raise a fuss about to a CM who is just trying to apply the rules as they understand them, but it does seem like Disney is nickle and diming just a bit here on a very expensive product.

Friends who just got back said they tried to order 3 quick services for them (adults) and their 12 yo child with alcohol as he only drinks water, they asked for I.D. for the 3rd drink so they were only able to get the 2 for them

So did they order at the window, or did they do mobile ordering. Was it the 3 of them or did just one of them go to the counter?

So did they order at the window, or did they do mobile ordering. Was it the 3 of them or did just one of them go to the counter?
at the window, I am sure there are ways to dodge this, just wanted to give a heads up, have the kid sit at the table! and then someone would have to go back in line to order again...

at the window, I am sure there are ways to dodge this, just wanted to give a heads up, have the kid sit at the table! and then someone would have to go back in line to order again...

Since my kid will be in a wheelchair, he'll be holding a table for us anyway (we always do it like that; I take his order and get the food while he waits).

I would never think of getting a beer with breakfast :), but it is permitted. Which gave me an idea when getting a Resort breakfast since you have your refillable mug, you can grab a mini bottle of wine for later to keep in the room fridge.

New for 2018 vacation packages! Guests have several new beverage options available including non-alcoholic specialty beverages and, for Guests 21 and older, beer, wine and cocktails.

Each Quick-Service meal includes (for breakfast, lunch or dinner):

• 1 Entrée
  • 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
Each Table-Service meal includes (for breakfast):

• 1 Entrée
  • 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)

Do you know if the "Summer Quick Service" dining plan also gets the alcoholic beverage?

Do you know if the "Summer Quick Service" dining plan also gets the alcoholic beverage?

I don't see why they wouldn't. The restaurants won't have any way of knowing which plan you have; they'll just see you have a QS credit, so you will get whatever is allowed for a QS meal.

Does anyone have experience yet with getting alcohol at Landscapes of Flavor at AoA? Is it just the bottled beers in the refrigerator?

Does anyone have experience yet with getting alcohol at Landscapes of Flavor at AoA? Is it just the bottled beers in the refrigerator?

I would assume like the other food courts, they have wine as well (yeah, not the best, and at like $7 a serving for what's less than that a bottle, I cringe when I (frequently) buy it!). Also maybe hard cider?

I would assume like the other food courts, they have wine as well (yeah, not the best, and at like $7 a serving for what's less than that a bottle, I cringe when I (frequently) buy it!). Also maybe hard cider?
Good to know, thank you! It won’t be so hard to swallow the price per bottle with the dining plan at least.

That would be awesome :) I wasn't sure because of the $10.25 price tag
Hopefully someone on this site will know for sure. My trip isn't until July, so I can't say for sure. But I was researching some quick service alcoholic choices and I also noticed this option. I love frozen margaritas, so lets hope we can get it.

We are headed to WDW for a couple of nights - arrive Thursday and leave Saturday. We bought the QSDP since we are staying at the Poly (Oasis pool bar before hitting the MK for Disney After Hours later) and then Flower and Garden Festival Friday. We plan on going to the QS in Mexico and having margaritas with our meals. I'd imagine if we are successful, it should be the same at Backlot Express.

I only tried to get a beer and had no problems getting the 16oz Fat Tire. Sorry that I can't speak to any other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter