Quick question about disney college/internships?

kapo

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, I'm a student from Canada and I've often considered trying for disney college/internships with Disneyland in California

I've got a few questions

I'm an English major. I know being an english major really limits the options for working/being an intern at a company such as disney, but I'd still kill for the opportunity.

Is it possible for people of various degrees to get in there, even just for an internship? Is an English major too irrelevant for me to be considered?

Also, what sort of experience (work, volunteer, etc) do they look for when it comes to stuff like this? I can imagine the competition is probably stiff at some points. How can I make my application seem that much better?

I guess that's all I'll pose for now, but I'm sure I'll be back with more. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much and sorry if these questions have been posed a million times before.

I'm not to sure about a Disneyland CP. I don't even know that there is one. I think it's only for WDW. But you might just call Disney and check w/ them. Sorry I'm not much help!

Well, Disneyland will be offering internships in the near future (if not already) and for the basic internship all you have to really do is apply, there is no major application process.
if you are interested in a Professional Internship (formerly an Advaced Internship) there is alot more to it.
As a Canadian you may have another option and that is as an international student and I can tell you that you would work at the World Showcase in EPCOT.
if you need anything else let me know.

Actually, there is a college program in California, but it's almost only for residents of southern California. There is no housing, and very little is done to support the CPs out there.

Being from Canada would make you eligible for the International Program or the Internation College Program in Florida, but that does not mean you will be working in World Showcase.

Almost 1/3 of all program participants are international...with regular full time/part time, that would be an awful lot of cast members in world showcase!

You are more likely to work in WS than the average American CP, but being international doesn't mean you will certainly be cast there. Many ICPs work in other parks, especially merchandise, and many work in resorts (which are highly themed as well).

You have options, but consider Florida over California.

The company doesn't really care about your major, because, most likely, your role will have nothing to do with your major. And they interview for personality...not too much emphasis on experience.

Mostly, have fun, and smile...that's what they look for first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter