Questions re: Dining plan

JakeAlJennMom

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm renting dvc points for the first time this year and am full of questions. I'm bothered by the fact that I can not pick up the phone and speak to someone at WDW about my reservations, but that the person I'm renting from must do that. If I purchase the dining plan, does the DVC member have to make all my ADR's?

I have a special needs daughter and we usually have several requests that we phone in, will the DVC member have to do that as well?

What if we decided to change something, like an ADR, or a request a room change, will we be able to do that or will we have to call our DVC member?

I'm getting ready to make my first payment and I'm very nervous about not having control of this vacation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Wendy:confused:

The DVC member must arrange to have the dining plan linked to your reservation through Member Services.

However, you can make your own ADRs by calling Disney Dining. Tell them it is a DVC reservation and they will most likely link the ADRs to your phone number instead of the reservation number.

Renting is not for everyone.

I know I couldn't do it.

As for ADR's, you deal with Disney Dining directly so nothing different there. Any room/resort issues (I think Magical Express too but am not totally sure about that one) & booking of the dining plan will need to go through the member as DVC Member Services will not speak to anyone except members.

You can call the resort directly a few days (3-5?) prior to check in to verify the reservation has been turned over to them but that's it.

Good Luck.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm sure it's just newness jitters and once there, surrounded by pixie dust, I'll look back on this and wonder what I was so worried about.

I have a special needs daughter and we usually have several requests that we phone in, will the DVC member have to do that as well?
Yes, the member will have to make the requests for you.

However, you might try a conference call with the member and MS to handle that. The member can call, give their security info and then bring you into the call with them. Doing that, you will be able to ensure that everything is understood -- and if necessary, I believe MS can also bring the Special Needs office into the call for assistance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter