Questions about RCL and kids

dancingswiffer

Goofy Lovin' Mama
Hello all!

I am about to emark on my first real cruise (DCL) with my DM, DD8, and myself in December. I am looking at booking a cruise either earlier than that, or possibly next year for my DD(then 9) and myself. Was wondering if anyone had kids and if they enjoyed any of the RCL cruises. I know it won't be the same as DCL, but for the price, is it still enjoyable?

Thanks!
:eek:

Okay I don't have kids, not to say I don't act like one onboard. LOL! But, I think your kids will enjoy being on RCCL.

It depends on the type of RCCL ship you choose as far as how many amenities will be onboard (the bigger the ship the more stuff to do). But, the ships have the Dream Works characters (think Shrek etc.), kids clubs, putt-putt, aracade and rock climbing wall. Again depending on the size of the ship it could along with this stuff also have ice skating, flow rider, carousel, in line skating, character parades, character breakfast, Jonny Rockets etc.

They now also have a Barbie package for the girls as well.

Book now before the 28th of Feb. to take advantage of their Wave Sale for free OBC, Upgrades etc. for sailings through out 2014

It's the cruiseline I sail the most as I can't afford to sail Disney as much as I would like too.

We were just on Freedom last month, and my son really enjoyed himself.

In the 3 weeks before the cruise my son and I had been sick with that horrid "cold" virus going around, so by the time we hit the cruise we were pretty tired. He stayed out of the kid's clubs for a solid 3 days just because of exhaustion, so when he started going on around the 4th day he felt a little behind because kids had already made friends, but he still had a good time.

The room on Freedom, for our cruise at least, was shared by the 6-8 year olds and the 9-11 year olds. It's one BIG room, vs the nooks and crannies of Disney ships, but there are happy counselors and activities and crafts (DS colored a pillowcase and a pirate bandana) and even videogames. It's not as "themed" as Disney, so if you have Disney in mind it looks stark, but once he started enjoying it for what it actually was, he had a good time.

He liked the pools, too; we've never been in a DCL pool and never plan to, but both of us used the pools and a hot tub as well on Freedom.

Apart from the post-illness exhaustion that kept us from doing everything we wanted, and the fact that we just didn't have time for everything we wanted to do (in 7 days we still missed the rock wall, flowrider, and minigolf), we all had a nice time, including my son who is 9.

We went on RC Liberty of the seas in December and we had 4 kids in our group. I'm pretty sure the kids clubs were for 3-5, 6-9, and 10-12. My kids (3 and 7) loved it. Would have went every night if we took them. My 10 year old niece didn't like it but she is very shy. Not to scare you but my daughter got head lice on the cruise. No one else did so I wondered if she got it in the kids club, she was the only one of our family in the 6-9 group. Who knows? We tried not to judge RC on this, coulda just come from some other kid she was playing with.

My son loved the kids club and my daughter spent most of her time in the teen club.

We had early dining and the counselors would pick him up partway through dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter