Questions about possible trip to Disney Paris

Shawn d

Mouseketeer
So. BIG news. I was selected to purchase tickets to the Olympics next year in Paris. I initially got tickets for basketball in Lille, and rowing closer to Paris. I have hotel rooms lined up but admittedly, I am apprehensive going as I haven't been to Paris in 26 years.

Has anyone been to Paris and/or Lille recently? Any advice on train tickets/subway tickets. Don't know if/when I will be able to go to Louvre, Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, etc

I would like to go to Disney Paris but I don't know if it will be possible as I am a Olympic nut as much as I'm a Disney nut

Congratulations on your tickets! I was able to get soccer tickets and am super excited. DLP is only an hour by train from Paris—it’s definitely do-able. Even if it’s just one extra day, I think it will be worth it!

So... what is your schedule, how long will you be where? Let's start with that.

And second, what would you like to do?

I think it depends on how many days you have. I never thought I would “waste” a day in Paris on Disney but last summer we did and we loved it. It’s such a beautiful park! That being said - Paris is so incredible. You can’t really make a bad decision either way. Transportation is easy once you start researching it.

Arrive in Lille (Seeing as how Lille borders Belgium - could definitely take train from Brussels or possibly Paris. At end of day, it all depends on which is cheaper (money/frequent flier/Air Miles (Canadian program)) and take train to hotel roughly 45 min away on the 25th of July. Basketball tickets are on 27th (men's) and 28th (unknown: could be men's/women's or combo, but 2 games that day). take train to Paris on 29th.
Boxing on evening of 29th, tennis on 30th, rowing on 31st/1st, table tennis on 1st

Fly out of CDG on 2nd

Would like to do Eiffel tower, Louvre, DLP, Notre Dame (don't know if will be able to go inside or if area will be construction zone)
Olympics wise, of course , have to be a homer and go to Canada House to take in festivities

Last edited:
Congratulations on your tickets! I was able to get soccer tickets and am super excited. DLP is only an hour by train from Paris—it’s definitely do-able. Even if it’s just one extra day, I think it will be worth it!
Congrats. Do you know who will be competing (Did you get random teams)? Men's or womens? Location? I saw there were tickets available for the tickets involving Team France (men's could be REAL interesting as Mbappe said he wants to compete)

For the basketball, the teams aside from France (men) and France & US (women's) will not be determined until after the men's World Cup, the Olympic qualifying tournaments and the draws associated with them

I think you'll struggle to get a DLP visit done with that schedule. At most you'd be there for half a day, but you'd still have to pay full price, plus the parks will probably be very busy and so you wouldn't get much done. I'd concentrate on trying to hit as many of the touristy sights within Paris itself between your events.

I'd also say that I am rather jealous (but in a good way) of your Olympic ticket hunting. I spent the best part of two weeks living out of various London hotels in 2012 and had a whale of a time getting to see so many different events and just drinking in all of the atmosphere of the Games - it really was a fantastic time and I would love to live something like that again. Unfortunately my budget did not stretch to making it to Paris next year, so I will have to wait for the Olympics to come back to Europe again at some point in the future.

I think you'll struggle to get a DLP visit done with that schedule. At most you'd be there for half a day, but you'd still have to pay full price, plus the parks will probably be very busy and so you wouldn't get much done. I'd concentrate on trying to hit as many of the touristy sights within Paris itself between your events.

I'd also say that I am rather jealous (but in a good way) of your Olympic ticket hunting. I spent the best part of two weeks living out of various London hotels in 2012 and had a whale of a time getting to see so many different events and just drinking in all of the atmosphere of the Games - it really was a fantastic time and I would love to live something like that again. Unfortunately my budget did not stretch to making it to Paris next year, so I will have to wait for the Olympics to come back to Europe again at some point in the future.
After I saw your post I started mulling the possibility of arriving in Paris a couple days before I head to Lille or at the tail end of the trip and staying at a airport close to CDG if prices/rooms are reasonable/not sold out. Decisions decisions 😉😎

So, update on the post. I am counting down the days to my trip. I decided to book a couple extra days to my trip pre Olympics so I am going to hit up DLP.

With my Olympic plans, I was able to add on to my basketball tickets by grabbing a doubleheader - men's games in Lille (hoping Team Canada qualifies). Good chance I could see France and/or US) and getting some urban project tickets while I'm in Paris (thinking it will be like a fan zone) smack in the middle of the skateboarding, 3X3 basketball, break dancing, etc

So. BIG news. I was selected to purchase tickets to the Olympics next year in Paris. I initially got tickets for basketball in Lille, and rowing closer to Paris. I have hotel rooms lined up but admittedly, I am apprehensive going as I haven't been to Paris in 26 years.

Has anyone been to Paris and/or Lille recently? Any advice on train tickets/subway tickets. Don't know if/when I will be able to go to Louvre, Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, etc

I would like to go to Disney Paris but I don't know if it will be possible as I am a Olympic nut as much as I'm a Disney nut
Any advice for current trains etc will be meaningless in an Olympic city, where, if experience is anything to go by, just works so much better when the games are in town. Getting from Paris center to Disney is easy, just get off at the end of the line. Getting the right ticket is a bit of a challenge, do some research, but it's all in the metro system (don't try and use a journey planner, as its all part of the underground you won't find it). If you fly into CDG it's a 9min TGV to the park gates, which is pretty sweet.

So, I pulled the trigger and I am going a couple days before my original trip Arrive July 23 with reasonable price hotel near CDG. Hoping for early morning but have to see how prices/availability etc. line up (traveling from Canada)
Planning to do Disney all day - 2 parks on the 24th.
Travel to Lille on 25th. Have basketball tickets to 4 men's basketball games/1 women's. Hoping to see Team Canada of course but would like to see US or France
Travel back to Paris on 29th. Hotel is close to central Paris
Have rowing, and some other sports thru hotel booking. ranging from July 29-Aug 1
Fly back to Canada on Aug 2
Looking to go back to touristy sights- Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coure (sp?), etc. I was last in Paris in 1998

So, I pulled the trigger and I am going a couple days before my original trip Arrive July 23 with reasonable price hotel near CDG. Hoping for early morning but have to see how prices/availability etc. line up (traveling from Canada)
Planning to do Disney all day - 2 parks on the 24th.
Travel to Lille on 25th. Have basketball tickets to 4 men's basketball games/1 women's. Hoping to see Team Canada of course but would like to see US or France
Travel back to Paris on 29th. Hotel is close to central Paris
Have rowing, and some other sports thru hotel booking. ranging from July 29-Aug 1
Fly back to Canada on Aug 2
Looking to go back to touristy sights- Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coure (sp?), etc. I was last in Paris in 1998
Should also add that when I was last there, ie. at Louvre I did see the main paintings/sculptures ie Mona Lisa, etc. but would like to refresh experiences ie Eiffel Tower, but would like to add new experience ie go to top of Arc de Triumphe

So, its official. My trip is now going to include a day at DLP. I got the 2 Park Dated pass. All that is left now is to register the pass which I cant do yet. I decided to book a day there. prior to going up to Lille for the basketball. Ideally I would like to have 2 Days but I think with everything going on, I am going to be running around

Sometimes 1 day at Disney is better than no day at Disney. You are solo and you have a plan, so you are a few steps ahead of others.

Did you get men’s or women’s games. i would ask if you are going to switch to a game where your team is competing if you can but you’ve probably got your hotel booked and paid for

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter