Questions about Dining at Universal

thebigtrip

Mouseketeer
We are staying at RPR. I made a reservation (ps?) at Islands Dining Room for one of the character meals. Does anyone know if Scooby is usually there? The woman on the phone just told me Curious George and Woody Woodpecker. I was also wondering if I need to make reservations for Mythos and Margaritaville? The woman I spoke to said that we showed our room key at Margaritavill we would be given PS. Does that method work well? Thanks for any info.

I would make ressies for Mythos. For Margaritaville, I would make ressies for dinner and wouldn't bother for lunch. Better safe than sorry!

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to call Mythos tomorrow. Can anyone tell me how just showing your room key for PS has worked out?

My experience at Margaritaville has been even when showing your room key, you will still have to wait an hour or so to be seated. This has happened with us 3 times. The wait for those without room keys was 1 1/2 hours and ours was just at 1 hour. Only once when they were telling people there was a 1 hour wait, we waited only 10 minutes.

Originally posted by thebigtrip
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to call Mythos tomorrow. Can anyone tell me how just showing your room key for PS has worked out?
It seems at Margaritaville you still may have a wait. If there are a lot of people with room keys ahead of you, they will be seated first. It worked well for us at other restaurants. We went to Hard Rock Cafe a couple times when the line went around the building and we were seated in five minutes!! If you're in doubt, make a reservation.

Called yesterday to make a reservation here, and the girl answering the phone told me they don't take reservations! Anyone been successful making a ressie? I hate the idea of waiting an hour to be seated!

Margaritaville doesn't take ressies? Wow, thanks for the info. This could be a problem for us too.

If there are only two adults in your party ask to be seated at the bar or veranda. You will be surprised how much quicker you will be seated. If you sit at the bar you can order your meals and eat them their. And if you enjoy frequenting the bar, you won't have far to go.

Does anyone know how Margaritaville would be for a late lunch say around 3 pm? We might try this instead of dinner. It would probably be on a week day and not on a weekend.

We've gone to Margaritaville for late lunch and have walked right in. It's really easy to get seated anywhere if you eat at "off" hours.

I called Margaritaville today and they told me they take priority seating. They take them about 30 days ahead of time.

I agree with gschmerl, we went at odd times to eat and walked right in to most places....... we really like Margaritaville, and we only waited about 5 min. literally!!

Thanks!!! Then that is what we will definitely do. We will go for a late lunch to avoid the crowds (and maybe get an early start on an adult beverage or two . After all, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.:p )

Originally posted by RescueRanger
We will go for a late lunch to avoid the crowds (and maybe get an early start on an adult beverage or two . After all, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.:p )

I like his thinking;)

Dinner always has long waits. 3 pm should be just fine. We can't wait to go on our next trip!

You can make a PS at Margaritaville 30 days out, by calling 407-224-9255.

You can also make a PS at that same number for:

Confisco Grille
Mythos
Lombard's
Motown Cafe
Latin Quarter
Pastamore

Wow, it just occurred to me: We are staying onsite and will have friends drive up from Tampa to meet us at at Motown for dinner one night (using my $100 GCs, is that cheating?). Will we be able to get PS for our whole party (of 4) if just my husband and I have the room cards?

I've never had them ask to see more than one room key in the restaurants. I think your whole party will be OK.

I've never had them ask to see more than one room key in the restaurants. I think your whole party will be OK.

MrsMud - you will only need to show 1 room key for your entire party. Have fun!!! We will be coming right behind you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter