Questions about DDP

leebee

DIS Veteran
DD24 and I are staying at ASMu for 6 nights in August and I have a couple of questions about using the DDP.

1. At quick service locations, they list salads that are clearly meant to be entrees. These are salads with lots of ingredients, including grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, etc. Can this be a QS entree, or do you have to order from the entree list?

2. Breakfast seems to include a beverage, but we'll have our mugs. Can we get an additional beverage, such as a bottle of juice or a smoothie?

3. I've been reading about being able to "swap" the QS beverage at some of the hotel food courts for a dessert/snack/side (because we have mugs for soda). Does anyone know if they are they doing this at ASMu?

4. Regarding the adult beverages :drinking1 ... what are the limitations? I know you can't get champagne, but is it possible to order a beer flight or wine flight (we're having dinner at Biergarten...)? Can you order an adult beverage with breakfast if they are available (maybe at the food court at ASMu)? Are there limits on cocktails, like only generic "gin and tonic" drinks or can you order the specialty cocktails? (I know that special glasses/mugs/glow cubes, etc. are not allowed.)

That's all I can come up with right now... TIA!! :wave:

Last edited:
DD24 and I are staying at ASMu for 6 nights in August and I have a couple of questions about using the DDP.

1. At quick service locations, they list salads that are clearly meant to be entrees. These are salads with lots of ingredients, including grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, etc. Can this be a QS entree, or do you have to order from the entree list?

2. Breakfast seems to include a beverage, but we'll have our mugs. Can we get an additional beverage, such as a bottle or juice or a smoothie?

3. I've been reading about being able to "swap" the QS beverage at some of the hotel food courts for a dessert (because we have mugs for soda). Does anyone know if they are they doing this at ASMu?

4. Regarding the adult beverages :drinking1 ... what are the limitations? I know you can't get champagne, but is it possible to order a beer flight or wine flight (we're having dinner at Biergarten...)? Can you order an adult beverage with breakfast if they are available (maybe at the food court at ASMu)? Are there limits on cocktails, like only generic "gin and tonic" drinks or can you order the specialty cocktails? (I know that special glasses/mugs/glow cubes, etc. are not allowed.)

1. Yes, the salads can be your entree
2. Should be no problem
3. Don't know, but always worth an ask
4. There's an "actual experiences" sticky at the top of this forum. Read through that to see what has been obtained so far.

2. Breakfast seems to include a beverage, but we'll have our mugs. Can we get an additional beverage, such as a bottle of juice or a smoothie?

3. I've been reading about being able to "swap" the QS beverage at some of the hotel food courts for a dessert/snack/side (because we have mugs for soda). Does anyone know if they are they doing this at ASMu?

1- do you have a specific QS location where it's not listed as an entree?? I got a salad at Peco's bills and it was an entree on their menu.
2- I think the answer is no since drinks are only included in your buffet or family style meals (coffee, stitch juice, water) which when you're on the DDP, does not come with a drink entitlement.
3-?? I don't know about ASMu, never been
4-No flights included on DDP however you can get alcohol for breakfast

2- I think the answer is no since drinks are only included in your buffet or family style meals (coffee, stitch juice, water) which when you're on the DDP, does not come with a drink entitlement.

That is NOT true. Every QS and TS meal includes a drink. You either get alcoholic, specialty, or regular. It's your choice. But EVERY meal has a drink included, no matter where you eat.

That is NOT true. Every QS and TS meal includes a drink. You either get alcoholic, specialty, or regular. It's your choice. But EVERY meal has a drink included, no matter where you eat.
I think we're saying the same thing. When you eat at a family style/buffet, the drink entitlement is included with that meal per the DDP, there is no separate 1 meal 1 drink as there is with QS or TS, that I what I meant. I think it's just semantics, it's included but it's not specified if that makes sense? But the drink that's included with the family/buffet meal is not a smoothie or a drink togo. I do know that as I've asked for other drinks besides coffee/soda/juice and there's no to go options at places like Ohana or Boma

I think we're saying the same thing. When you eat at a family style/buffet, the drink entitlement is included with that meal per the DDP, there is no separate 1 meal 1 drink as there is with QS or TS, that I what I meant. I think it's just semantics, it's included but it's not specified if that makes sense? But the drink that's included with the family/buffet meal is not a smoothie or a drink togo. I do know that as I've asked for other drinks besides coffee/soda/juice and there's no to go options at places like Ohana or Boma

You're still confusing me. OP is asking about a bottled beverage or smoothie when they have their mugs, so this would mean a QS meal at their resort. So where does the buffet meals come into play?

I guess I confused myself and overcomplicated it by thinking OP was inquiring about non-resort dining and under the impression you can use your mug at the parks, there lies my confusion.

OP here. I was talking about breakfast at our resort. I was just thinking that if I had my mug of coffee, I wouldn't need/want another drink and was wondering if I can get something else instead (or if, as they give you the mug, that would be your breakfast beverage). I know mugs can't be used in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!