Questions about annual Passes-

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, I was looking at the annual passes-if I buy them to use this August, are they good for a year from first day of use? On the Universal website it says they are good until Dec. 31 2017? We usually head down in the summer, so I would only use them this August, then next summer some time.

Also, last year we used annual passes from the year prior-is there any benefit to renewing the passes we have-does it work out cheaper, or is it the same price as if I bought them now.

Thanks!!

That's what we usually do as well. The passes activate at first use, we purchase them in February, we go in June to activate, then the next year, we go late May to get another use out of them.
With the way my family spaces them out, we don't bother renewing, as we get two trips only out of new passes, and we would be "losing a trip" to reactivate.

ok thanks, I guess it's the "seasonal" pass that doesn't last the full year, (expires at the end of 2017?)

On the universal sight, when I click on the tickets and passes tab, they have the link to compare them-the seasonal pass is listed, and then next to them are the annual passes. If you click on more details it shows from Jan 1, 2017-Dec. 31, 2017. Maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly. :rolleyes1

We buy the Power Pass (used to be the cheapest when there were only 3 options...Power, Preferred, Premeire) and they have always been 12 months from activation. Not sure why the site has it listed like that, how odd!

It has the same "benefits valid" info for preferred and premier, too.

Just like with wdw they make plans for benefits on a yearly basis, and Uni is just showing you how long these benefits have been decided upon, I figure.

On the universal sight, when I click on the tickets and passes tab, they have the link to compare them-the seasonal pass is listed, and then next to them are the annual passes. If you click on more details it shows from Jan 1, 2017-Dec. 31, 2017. Maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly. :rolleyes1

The AP expires one year from the first day of use. I believe the Dec 31, 2017 expiration date refers to the current AP terms/benefits. So once 2018 comes along, you would need to follow the terms/benefits for Jan 1, 2018 through Dec. 31, 2018 (if anything changes from the 2017 terms/benefits).

The AP expires one year from the first day of use. I believe the Dec 31, 2017 expiration date refers to the current AP terms/benefits. So once 2018 comes along, you would need to follow the terms/benefits for Jan 1, 2018 through Dec. 31, 2018 (if anything changes from the 2017 terms/benefits).
:thumbsup2

Is the difference with the Seasonal Pass that there is that month-long black out period in July?

Is the difference with the Seasonal Pass that there is that month-long black out period in July?

The only difference in the seasonal pass and the power pass is:

-July blockout for both parks on seasonal pass...all other standard blockouts are the same
-Seasonal passholders are blocked out of Universal on concert dates, and can only attend IoA on those days.
-No half price parking for seasonal passholders

The only difference in the seasonal pass and the power pass is:

-July blockout for both parks on seasonal pass...all other standard blockouts are the same
-Seasonal passholders are blocked out of Universal on concert dates, and can only attend IoA on those days.
-No half price parking for seasonal passholders

And Christmas.

Thank you! Just trying to figure out the most affordable way to visit "the dark side". My almost 11-year-old daughter is excitedly anticipating her Hogwart's acceptance letter! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter