Question for zip-lock users and great packers

E&B's Mom

Mouseketeer
I have read so much about may of youusezip lock bags and other packing techniques and can fit so much into so few bags. We are hoping to take no more than 1 large suitcase, 2 carry-ons, and a garment bag down for a 1 week stay (2 days in Tampa for a wedding and the 5 days at WDW). I do not want to be stuck doing laundry during the week (it is my vacation after all), and I'm pretty sure I can fit it all in the bags, but what do you do about your WDW purchases?

i dont really know. but you could always have them shipped via UPS.

It's all in the clothes you have. I buy clothes that "fold small" and I really don't care too much about wrinkling as you can always iron or spray the wrinkles out with wrinkle releaser (Downey makes it) Limit your shoes to this - beach shoes, walking shoes (sneakers) I usually wear the sneakers cause they take up the most show room - and 2 pairs dress shoes one black one neutral. I wear a designer track suit on the flilght, which solves the light jacket dilemma and does not need to be packed. I pack 3 pairs of shorts, 3 bathing suits, 2 tank tops, 1 pair dressy black pants, 2 dresses etc...I pick all clothes to mix and match and bring extra shirts - sleeveless or short sleeves take up very little roon and fold into a small square. Put the shoes in the bottom and fill around them tieh small items such as bathingsuits, underwear etc till you have a flst foundation then fold the clothes and layer them so there is not a bulge in the middle. and voila....your done. i do pack my husbands shirts in a spacesaver bag. and use ziplocks for toiletries ofr wet things. I pack all this in 4 carry ons 2 each for DH and myself. It can be done!

Well, you could go with the best strategy of all; don't buy things at WDW. Our biggest single savings factor is that we just don't do souvenirs, other than things like our ticket stubs and photos.

I you have to shop, I would suggest having the store or your hotel ship them to you. If the hotel has a business center, they will have boxes and tape; if not, you might want to collapse a box in the bottom of your largest suitcase, and throw in a small roll of strapping tape and a permanent marker. Most hotels will be able to weigh it and charge you for the shipping; UPS will come and get it the day you leave, and it will reach home a few days later.

I packed an empty duffle bag in the bottom of my suitcase. I brought back rain ponchos, mugs, souvenirs, etc. back in this. It worked really great. I just checked it as luggage and it was no problem. I probably wouldn't put anything breakable in them though.

Next trip I will also have a better idea of what not to bring. I will not buy spray fans at home, I will buy them at WDW. The one I bought at Target leaked and was useless. The ones I saw in the parks were much better and not much more money. I'm glad I waited and bought ponchos at the parks. They were about the same price (under $6) as the ones I had seen at home and they are cuter with Mickey on them.

We take a small suitcase with breakfast bars, juice boxes and snack-y crackers. At the end of the vacation those are eaten and we have a suitcase for the souvenirs!!

I have a bag like this and it is fabulous for bringing back all the extra stuff that accumulates on a trip. I use it as a dirty clothes bag and just pack my souvenirs in my more durable luggage.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/...975_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=6537027502101138010

New Packable Lighthouse® Duffel stuffs big, packs tiny.
Lighthouse II Packable Duffel

Whole duffel packs into compact side pocket
Sturdy lightweight nylon
Self-repairing coil zippers
Measures 9"Wx6"Hx2"D when packed; 22"Wx12"Hx10"D when open

New Packable Lighthouse® Duffel stuffs big, packs tiny.
This roomy single-compartment duffel has a surprise in the side pocket. When you turn that pocket inside out, it takes all of a few seconds to stuff the whole duffel inside! Makes the perfect "souvenir bag" to bring stuff back from trips. It's made of lightweight nylon and has a self-repairing coil zipper. Spot clean. Imported.
83568.AF.02._.01.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter