Question for SparkleSkirt people

ZellyB

DIS Veteran
So, it's been awhile since I bought a skirt from SparkleSkirts (because frankly I have enough to last the rest of my life) - BUT I still might want to buy a couple more. :D

Anyway, I've always worn their slim cut skirts, but I see on the site that they now have like a Slim cut 2.0 and Slim cut 2.1 and then maybe even a new cut (casual fit). Anybody got the information on the differences in these various skirts? I'd rather not order via trial and error to figure it out. I belong to a fan page on Facebook, but it gets so many posts that I got tired of trying to find information there. Thanks for any intel.

The 1.0's have a seam down the middle of the shorts. The 2.0's, the shorts are sewn differently to where they have seams down the front of each leg, not in the middle. The 2.1's are like the 2.0's except for the seam where the skirt is attached is sewn down, so it's not supposed to cause as much of a bump. The zipper on the 2.0/2.1 is different also. It is not 'hidden' now, but more exposed and easier to access??? (Sorry I can't attach pictures.)

Found this: https://sparkleskirts.com/blogs/news/sparkleskirts-design-styles-explained

Something like that anyways. I have always worn the swings, and I haven't had a problem with any of the versions and wouldn't let the version defer me from a pattern I like.

The 2.0 Design improves upon the Original (1.0) Design by helping the seam where the fabric and shorts to provide a smoother line, reinforced pockets are sewn into the shorts design versus sewn on top of the shorts, size tag in the skirt rather than the shorts, and EZ Grab Zipper (exposed, not covered by fabric), and wider crotch gusset without a front or back seam (see photo examples: http://bit.ly/2point0Design).

The 2.1 Design skirts are also now more consistent with our original measurement specifications. If you are a fan of original SparkleTech skirts, the new 2.1 skirts will be sure to please! Some of the waistbands on the 2.0 run slightly longer (.25 to .375 inches longer); however, the 2.1 returns the waistband length to the original 4 inches).

CasualFit is slightly more flared at the bottom than SlimCut but not as full as SwingStyle; perfect for those who might like a "hybrid" skirt for traveling, golf, tennis, running and possibly
even for work.

Although the waistband is the same for all three styles, the SwingStyle is cut as a semi-circle, allowing more room and a "swingy" flow to the fabric.

HikerChics are the same, except the skirt is 2" longer than SwingStyle and the undershorts are 1" longer.

The SlimCut skirts are cut into a bell-shape, so they are more form-fitting and best suited for athletic, straight or apple-shaped figures. The SlimCut undershorts are exactly the same as SwingStyle. Some women find they need to size up in SlimCuts due to the straight fit.

I haven't been in the skirts groups for a bit, but definitely do some searches on what people think of the 2.0 skirts...maybe they have been improved but it sounded like some didn't like them when they first came out. :confused3

Thanks for the info. I swear I checked on the SparkleSkirts site and couldn't find those descriptions. DUH! The Dis to the rescue again.

@Ariel484 I haven't been checking that page either for quite awhile, but when I looked recently I think the changes were a bit of old news so I didn't have much luck there. Sounds like the changes are primarily to the shorts, so the skirt cuts sound the same and that was my primary question. I was just thinking of buying some solid colors to work with some of my InB tops. I'm a bit of a chicken about pattern matching with the InB tops and bottoms.

@ZellyB yeah I get what you are saying about the pattern matching! :eek:

I don't understand why SparkleSkirts changes up their skirts so often - their original product was SO good and popular. :confused3

The 2.0s are terrible. If you can find a 2.1, it's better but now I try to find 1.0s in the resale groups rather than buying direct from Sparkle Skirts.

The 2.0s are terrible. If you can find a 2.1, it's better but now I try to find 1.0s in the resale groups rather than buying direct from Sparkle Skirts.

Well that stinks! What do you dislike about them? Are they uncomfortable now or less functional? Why did they have to mess with a good thing?

Well that stinks! What do you dislike about them? Are they uncomfortable now or less functional? Why did they have to mess with a good thing?

I just don't like the fit of the shorts in the 2.0 design - they just don't feel as "in place" as they used to, if that makes sense? They ride up more than my 1.0s do. It's disappointing.

I just don't like the fit of the shorts in the 2.0 design - they just don't feel as "in place" as they used to, if that makes sense? They ride up more than my 1.0s do. It's disappointing.

Bummer. The great thing about the skirts is how well the shorts stay in place. :(

I have 3 skirts which I think are a 1.0 S, 2.0 M and 2.1 S.

I like the 1.0/2.1 but I think that's only because they're S sizes and fit better for me... otherwise I don't feel any difference between them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter